Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout Programs

Hi everyone.  Are you doing a different exercise other then just walking with your FitBit?  Do you do aerobics or run or workout at a gym or home fitness programs?

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I'm recovering from surgery and trying to inprove my endurance.  I've started using an app on my smart phone, "Tabata".  I currently have it programed to "work" for 2 min 15 seconds (run), the "rest" for 2 min 45 seconds (walk).  Do 3 sets of 6 (30 minues each).  Ends up, for me, to be 2.3 miles on each 30 minutes (5 to 7 days per week).  I also to 3 each 15 min of strength training, 3 days per week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey hey! I mostly walk with my Fitbit, but I'm quite fond of doing Zumba every week and yoga every now and then. Smiley Wink

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

I started off just walking, but as the weight came off and I became more fit, I started jogging off and on.  Now I'm able to jog 4.5-5 miles without stopping.  I've been doing some light weight lifting as well and recently I've incorporated HIIT on Tues and Thursdays followed by weight lifting.  The weight lifting is only compound moves.  HIIT is only a 4 minute (plus warm up) endeavour, but 4 of the most painful minutes you'll ever spend.

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Best Answer
0 Votes

I love Zumba!  I am an instructor actually.  I also teach EnhanceFitness classes to the 60 years and older age group.  So much fun!

Best Answer

Walking is the best form of execise!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Julie, I visit the gym 3 days per week doing HIIT, running, weights and Fitstar workouts. Then on 2 days I walk and or cycle.I can reccommend the benefits of HIIT and the Fitstar workouts. Fitstar syncs with Fitstar and so far are great core exercises

Best Answer
0 Votes

At the moment I'm just trying to walk more, and have opened the pool recently so have added swimming.  In the past I've done strength training (new rules of lifting for women, new rules of lifting for men, power training), but after a flood in my basement, well my plans to start back are delayed.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Walking and just getting steps is a great start but the truth is walking is the least efficient form of exercise. You can burn more calories per minute doing just about everything else. My personal opinion is you should try to get in as many steps as possible during your normal daily activities and then try to get in some formal exercise in addition to that.

First of all, it's difficult to lose weight without also losing muscle when eating at a deficit. Incorporating resistance training will help you mitigate muscle loss.

Second, here's the calorie break down for me for multiple activities. As you can see, walking is the lowest calories per minute by a long shot:

• 193 calories: Walking 3.5 MPH for 1 hour
  • 345 calories: Weight lifting for 1 hour
  • 400 calories: Stationary bike for 1 hour
  • 526 calories: Rowing for 1 hour
  • 656 calories: Running for 1 hour @ 9 minutes per mile
Best Answer
0 Votes