Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone have ibs?

I been diagnoised since 2010, and always a struggle to lose weight.. on flex I noticed I been shedding calories, being more careful. There times the food will stay in my stomach taking it days to go down which irritates me. Is anyone having this problem besides me? I rarely don't talk about this.. lol

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi LadyLinda,

I can totally relate!

I have recently been diagnosed with some kind of IBS. My Dr. put me on a FODMAPS diet and Align probiotic. This is working for me to take care of my IBS problems. I am finding it difficult to lose weight due to the high fats in Lactose-free, gluten-free foods. I am slowly learning how to watch the portions on these new foods and figuring out what to substitute instead. It is a great challenge and would enjoy creating a group to be suppotive with these issues for people who have these challenges with digestion and also wish to lose weight. Is Flex your type of tracker? I love my new tracker. I have ChargeHR as I need to track my heart rate. I'm setting some goals to

1) Get new recipes, two this week for dinner and lunch

2) Measure portions and track on my log

3) Be mindful when eating, taste the food and not be on my phone or TV when I eat

What is your next step toward health? What is working for you?

Best Answer
Wow weird with me the doctor who did my colonoscopy told my mom my organs and intestines are sensitive. He did not told me what kind I have. I went down from 200 to 183. I got it managed to 177 but went up due to the serious infection I got. I am being more careful too and yes I love flex, but can't afford to get charge.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have IBS and I take medication, and am on a low FODMAP diet, and I don't have this problem.  Are you on any kind of medication? Are you on a low FODMAP diet?  If you have a gastroenterologist you may want to schedule an appointment to address this.

Fitbit One + MyFitnessPal = - 100lbs
::You can't outrun your fork ::
Best Answer
0 Votes
What kind of meds?
Best Answer
0 Votes
@ColoreneHeath @LocoMutant - not taking any meds of whatsoever, never heard of the diet
Best Answer

@LadyLinda have you see a gastroenterologist? If so I'm surprised they didn't bring this up or start any meds to help.  You definitely need to see one and plan your best course of action.  IBS just means they have no idea what you have so they lump you in IBS so what may work for me probably won't work for you.

Fitbit One + MyFitnessPal = - 100lbs
::You can't outrun your fork ::
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LocoMutantoh well, I've been a fighter since day one.. ^_~

Best Answer
0 Votes