Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having a hard time staying away from fast food

ANSWERED

I'm new with fitbit.  I'm having a really hard time staying away from fast food resturants.  I know subway is the heathier place to go to.  Any ideas on how to stay away and go with home made stuff.

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

It really helped me to find out what is in fast food. It tastes good because of the salt,fat, additives and synthetic hormones in the meat and chicken.  All of these contribute to the feelings of craving it.  I now crave a veggie burger on a sprouted grain bun, with a grilled portobello mushroom, tomatoe lettuce, salsa and 1/4 avocado mashed on the bun instead of mayo. I think the more you stay away from fast food the quicker your cravings go away.

I whole idea of fast food speaks to our culture of eating food so quickly that we barely enjoy it. I think as a culture we need to take more time and enjoy our food. I was in London recently, and at least they have health fast food places where you could get hummus and veggies or a quinoa salad. They are called Pret a Manger and there are now some  locations in the USA in New York, Chicago, DC, and Boston.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you everyone for the encouragement and advise. I have been logging my food as much as I can every day. That is as far as I have gotten in my journey. I think I go they fast food places now I think out of habit. And depending on the kind of day I had. I guess I'm an emotional/stress eater.
Best Answer
0 Votes

my cravings for fast food come and go.im in week 5 of my journey and i have noticed that the cravings for crappy food are decreasing. the more healthy foods you place in your body, the less your body wants the crap. you start to feel better and have more energy. and probably lose some pounds too. thats what makes me want to keep going the healthy route and not turn to fast food unless its the very last option. ive noticed too lately that when i do eat fast food, it tastes NOTHING like it used to and does not give me the satisfaction it used to either. i just feel gross afterwards and regret it. the feeling of becoming healthy will always feel better then the satisfaction of fast food for me. ( especially now that it tastes gross to me now). stick to your healthy eating as much as possible and you will get to that point too! good luck with your journey

Best Answer
0 Votes