Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to avoid cravings for sugar

Hi I have a craving for sugar after my meals mostly after lunch and dinner what can I do since I have a sweet tooth. Greatful for any advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I have had the same issue... I have done everthing from lemon water to gum... I have noticed that special K came out with Moments... They are only like 70 cals and are awesome!!! They have a cocnut one and a caramel one... I havent tried the coconut but the caramel is awesome!!! You can find that sucking on a low calorie hard candy helps too... 

~*Bridget*~
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also like making some tea and even stirring in some real sugar.  Sugar is only about 15 calories per teaspoon so as long as I track it and don't go crazy with it I find that hits the sweet spot sometimes.  Other days I just have to have something sweet, but I budget for it or go to the gym and exercise so I can "afford" it and I watch my portion size.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I would recommend you eat something that is high in protein as well as sweet.

I also suffer from this sometimes, after I've been eating sweet snacks over a period of time (Christmas Break).

So when I have an urge, I eat Total flavoured, Danio, or Chobani yoghurt - approx. 150 cals a pot.
I prefer Danio as it is the sweetest, and afterwards I no longer have any craving.

Best Answer
0 Votes