Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for friends - 50s and female and getting fabulous!

Hi!  I'm looking for some friends for motivation and support.  I'm 51, female, and working on losing 30 lbs.  My A1c is pre-diabetic so I'm shedding some weight to try and get it under control. 

Anyone?

Best Answer
2,010 REPLIES 2,010

I've had my fitbit since my birthday in April but I haven't been motivated. I'm also 50 and looking to lose 20lbs. I was inactive for about 6 months due to a foot problemand gained 10 that I lost last year. Smiley Sad I've just started back playing tennis but I play doubles and it is only small burst of running. I really would love to challenge myself not to go to bed at night until I've reached my daily 10,000 step goal. I think I'll start today. It would be fun to have others doing the same! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Khawk64
You've taken the first step by starting today. You can di it. We're here for you.

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Hi Fellow Fitbit users

I have just purchased my fitbit and am feeling a little confused but highly motivated!

I am looking for firstly lose 12kgs (26lbs) and review it when I get there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow Cindy...TOPS here too back in early2000.  I made Kops and was county queen. What a great feeling being honored for best Tops weight loss in the county..too bad I couldnt maintain and now have more to lose than I did back then. its always been a struggle.  Good luck on your steps this week and reaching that goal..Guess I need to send you more words of encouragement during the week..  Remember even tho I over eat in private my excess poundage is there for the whole world to see.  

Best Answer

I'm 50 I've had my fitbit for 3 weeks now, My goal is to lose 40 lbs.. I struggle with reaching 10000 steps in a day, I usually reach average 7000, I have lost 7 lbs so far, would like to add friends to cheer one another on this hard journey. I am trying my best to increase proteins and low carbs but is sure is hard when you are raising a family!!!

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat: 50, female trying to lose some weight and be healthier...on MyFitness Pal, too!  friend me if you wishSmiley Very Happy

Best Answer

Hello All!  I'm 60 years young so hope that's not too old for this group!  I have been struggling with the same 30 pounds for almost 30 years since my youngest was born.  I've taken it off and put it back on it seems a million times.  I want to take it off and leave it off for good.  Now that menopause has hit (didn't get started until I was 57) I can't seem to lose much of anything or at least it takes me forever and all my weight is around my middle now.  It's so frustrating.  I'm sure I have some insulin resistance going on although I haven't been to the doc this year yet for a physical.  Hope to get some inspiration from you all!

Best Answer

I too would like to join in on this.  It's been years that I've been trying to get off "30 lbs" and now with my Fitbit that I purchased a couple of months ago it helps with motivation.    Right now I am discouraged because I have been walking like a mad woman at lunch and again at home and eating healthy and as of this morning my scale says I weigh more than I ever have, which means I have gained.  How is that possible?    Anyway I'm not giving up this time and I am determined to get fit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes mam. Sometimes it's a struggle. The scale numbers vary depending on the time of the day and amount of clothing you have on. What might help you is to ignore the scale and make your goal to lose a dress size or two vs. 30 pounds. Don't give up.

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
I know it is hard to believe but if you do not eat ENOUGH calories - your body begins to store any food that you eat. ?ALL of it! ?Which causes weight gain even when you are cutting back. ?Try adding IN a few more calories and keeping up the exercise! ?Bet it WORKS!

Judy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am 51 and my goal is to lose 76 pounds total. For now I am concentrating on loosing 10% of my body weight or 22 pounds. Recently I found out that I am going to be a grandmother for the first time in February! Great motivation for me to get fit. I purchased my FitBit last Thursday so tomorrow will be my first weigh in since starting. I have been eating better while getting a baseline for my daily steps. I am suprised that I houver at just about 5,000. What a disappointment. No wonder I've gained so much weight! Much room for improvement!! Starting tomorrow I am going to start building on that baseline. 

Nancy
Best Answer
0 Votes

HI-I will be 60 in 2015 and I am setting my goal high of getting rid of 75 lbs by mid summer.  As a kid and young adult I never had to worry about my weight was always very active and trim.  Seems like once I hit 30 the lbs just kemp creeping up and lost and gained and lost and gained but this time I really want it to last so no prepackage crap and cutting out most processed foods.  Good luck and know that you are not alone there are lots of us out there in the same boat (just don;t know how to reach out to the others)  I'm trying to be accountable to me this time.  No one can do it for you has to come from your heart.Hot flashes and night sweats are a bear but not hormones for me time will pass.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same boat, I struggle during the week to get average 7,000 steps.. really need to walk more before I come home from work I usually go for a half hour evening walk , on the weekends I go for 2  30 minute walks and therefore much easier to get my 10,000 steps in.. we'll get there !!!

Best Answer

I'm 50 and my first grandson was born June 6 ❤️ so precious.. ever more reason to get fit 🙂

Best Answer

Hey Ladies, Is there a Community Group for everyone in this discusssion? I would love to have more motivation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my Fitbit. Goal to lose 40 pounds!!!!

Best Answer

Hi fellow fitbitters.  I am almost 46 and just got my fitbit a week ago.  I also have been told by my doctor I have pre-diabetes and need to get active for my health.  I have been really motivated this week with 10,000 steps a day average.  Would love to be part of your group.  Let me know how to join.  Thanks.

Best Answer
ou are now a part of the group!! ?Just log on and chat with us occasionally. ?Invite some people to be your friends if you want and you can encourage each other and compare daily stats. ?Really encourages you to try to "keep up!" ?Enjoy!!
Best Answer

Hi Cindy, I am new to this forum stuff too.  I just got my fitbit last week and have been trying to do the 10,000 a day.  Keep up the good work.   Lori.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also looking for some friends for motivation.  I just got my fitbit a week ago.  Love it and I have been working on the 10,000 per day goal.  I also have a weight to lose and am hoping this keeps me motivated to excercise ( which I used to hate)  Smiley Happy  Nice to meet you. Lori

Best Answer
0 Votes