Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to lose 50 pounds and i am new what foods would start me off with?

ANSWERED

becuase i am weighing in at 200 on my fitbit aria scale and its disgusting and dont know where to start, i been trying to cut out all the sugar, and fats and i have yet a plan to start with for meals 😞 any one willing to help me out with suggestions on what to eat that i will like becuase i really am not into tomatos and mushrooms and specific foods i cant eat.  any suggestions would be helpful ty

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There are a lot of different diets and stuff out there so you should make sure you look into a lot of different ones but I have one website I like in general for fitness that also has information on diets.

Meal Plans: http://darebee.com/mealplans.html

Recipes: http://darebee.com/recipes.html

They also have workouts and programs that are really great too. Hope that helped!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Have you thought of talking to a dietetician?

It can be hard to change everything overnight. One way to get started is to start paying attention to portion sizes: if you keep eating the same (even if it’s not "healthy"), but make sure you are not eating too much, you should already see results. You can make gradual changes (no need to cut all sugar or all fat overnight), as it usually takes time to adopt new habits and get rid of addictions.

Try to favor minimally processed, whole foods. I call it the "no barcode" diet: if it comes in a box, has a long list of ingredients, was made in a factory etc., you probably want to avoid it. You can’t go wrong with veggies: there are hundreds of them, you don’t have to like all of them, but you’ll surely find some you like. Few people would get fat from eating too much veggies.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I agree.Start slow. Add in lots of fruits and veggies.

You also do not want to cut out all fat. We do need some in our diet. Just the good kinds. Like Nuts, avocado, Olive Oil. There are many more.

So don't cut them all out

There are some great recipe site out there as well

Drizzlemeskinny

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Vegetables are your best friends when it comes to weight loss and overall health. Stick to the ones you do like. In time you may want to try something new. I tend to buy a lot of frozen vegetables because they are cheaper and if I don't eat them right away I can store them in the freezer for another time. A rule of thumb for me is if I eat something that tends to be high in calories then I must compliment it with a low calorie food. So if I eat a home made hamburger (I'll use bison meat or grass fed meat) then I will have some mixed vegetables or a salad with it. For me it's usually some type of lean meat complimented with a variety of vegetables. You do have to watch how much you eat of some vegetables because like corn can be a high calorie food.

Best Answer

Well for one FOOD/DIET is just one part of the equation. You also need to Exercise so I would have to ask also what exercises do you do? Do you have a gym membership? To be successful as well this needs to be a life style change. This is not a do it until I reach my goal then go back to the old ways. That is what many end up doing and gain it all back and then some. It took me the last 20 years to slowly put on the weight (50-60lbs) I am now trying to lose. So also dont expect it to come off fast, slow and steady is better. I am cutting back on refined carbs, but I am not cutting them all out. Also try not to eat after 7-8pm at night, that is where my biggest sin has been. I work nights and would always be eating crap when i should not have been. I use to drink a lot of Maxwell House French Vanilla Coffee,raisin bread, and other not good things. Since I stopped eating them Dec 1st I have started to lose the weight. I do have a gym membership at a very affordable small gym near me. $15 a month and I have hired a personal trainer to get me started. Been at it for a couple months and I can feel a difference and can feel i am gaining muscle. This too will help burn more calories. Now for me my goal is when I go to the gym I burn 1000 calories either from doing weight training and cardio or just the cardio. With Just cardio it takes about 1.5 hours to accomplish 1000 calories. I am just determined to get this weight off. Eventually you will find what works for you cause well this is about you and changing your life for the better. I wish you luck in your quest and most importantly dont give up no matter what.

Best Answer

I researched various diets before I chose one.  Read up on Weight Watchers, Atkins, South Beach etc and see which one seems like the most likely fit for you.  Once you decide they will have food plans, recipes etc to get you started.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are a lot of different diets and stuff out there so you should make sure you look into a lot of different ones but I have one website I like in general for fitness that also has information on diets.

Meal Plans: http://darebee.com/mealplans.html

Recipes: http://darebee.com/recipes.html

They also have workouts and programs that are really great too. Hope that helped!

Best Answer

I feel ya! I am 232! UGH. One thing I know about myself is I cant make a rule to cut out all of anything. If I completely deny myself something I set myself up for failure. I lost 80lbs on Weight Watchers (I did gain it back through my own doing). I like WW the best because it teaches you that you can eat anything in moderation. 

Hope this helps some. 

Michelle

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cutting out sugars is a good start, just watch out for the hidden sugars in "low fat" foods.

What you need to work towards is a change in your eating habits. This is a life long process, going on a restrictive diet to loose weight ultimately fails. Most people return to their previous eating habits and gain it all back plus some extra.

Re-learn how to eat healthy balanced meals, also the notion that eating fat makes you fat is categorical WRONG. Metabolizing more calories than you burn makes you gain weight, a lot of "low fat" foods are packed with carbs (sugars) to improve taste. Carbohydrates are quick energy sources and if they are not used up or stored in the muscles as glycogen then the body will convert the excess to fat and store it in fat cells. Although some of the carbs you eat can be converted to glycogen and stored in the muscles there is a limit to how much can be stored there and it isn't a whole lot.

Eating fresh foods, vegetables, fruit, fresh meats as opposed to processed meats. Try to reduce your intake of processed foods. Drink lots of water it helps keep the metabolism running smoothly and ironically can help reduce water retention by giving the body a means to flush out excess salt.

Best Answer