Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to FitBit and looking for friends - for online interviews!

Hi all, I'm looking for support and information! My problems are exercising, keeping track of what I eat (and how much of that I burn) and avoiding junk food (sweets especially!). When I thought about how I can solve these, I said, well, I'm a product designer, why not do something about that? And then, why not ask people like me what difficulties they have? I would be happy if anyone would like to share their thoughts like a short online interview. If you're interested please let me know, many thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hubby and I just got our Fitbits in the last couple of days. We're working on eating and exercising together.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you ladydi! Would you be interested if we make a short online interview? Please let me know. Thanks a lot! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Certainly, ask away.

Best Answer

Great, thank you so much. How about starting with why do you want to lose weight? How did you decide that it is a problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know about doing an interview-type thing, but I can make some suggestions to help with your main issues. 

I find that there is better motivation to exercise when I either go to the gym with an exercise buddy or sign up for classes. I currently don't have any friends who go to the same gym as I, so I've lately been focusing on the group classes.

As far as keeping track of what you eat, it can be tedious and painful. I use MyFitnessPal to track all of my food. One of the best things I ever did was buy a kitchen scale. I think my flatmates might think I'm crazy, but I absolutely measure out everything I use (even when I get recipes from Cooking Light, which provides calorie counts, I track it based on the specific ingredients/brands I got, which unfortunately seems to always be slightly higher in calories). I also try to plan out meals in advance. If you want to go out for supper, look at the menu beforehand and plan what you'll order, and what the nutritional info is. Then try to plan the rest of that day's intake around eating a meal out. 

As for the junk food... I'm with you there. I have a weakness for both salty and sweet foods, and unfortunately have a tendency to binge (so I try to not keep anything in the junk food category in the pantry). I love sweet food, and love baking. So I try baking for other people. If I bake a cake, I bring it to class or to an event. I may have a small bit, but the rest gets eaten by others. Then I don't have a horrendous amount of cake in my fridge that I "must eat before it goes bad". I've also been trying to swap out more healthy alternatives for sweet food. For example, instead of having a cookie (or five), I will slice an apple and top the slices with either a little bit of cheese or one of the Nutella mini cups (portion control). If you have more self control than I, I would also suggest baking things that are individual servings, such as cookies, cupcakes, or pieces of chocolate bark. If necessary, you can freeze some.

I hope these types of suggestions help! If you want to, feel free to add me.

Best Answer

Thanks a lot jgrc12345! These are great practical suggestions for my daily life Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I'm glad to help.

And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one here with a sweet tooth. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

You definitely aren't alone Smiley Happy

@jgrc12345 wrote:

I'm glad to help.

And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one here with a sweet tooth. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes