Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weight gain/binge eating

ANSWERED

I have been restricting for the week and then I started over eating and now I can't stop! I've already gained 6 lbs in a week! I'm not even hungry I just want to eat. Now I'm doing a sport and now I'm eating but gaining musle which I HATE!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Don’t be discouraged, every new day is an opportunity to reset the commitment. Overeating has been the reason the kilos have crept up for me and when I am tempted to indulge I remind myself that I saw results and don’t want my efforts to be for nothing.
I give myself “a talking to”
Sent from my iPad

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I have been restricting for the week and then I started over eating and now I can't stop! I've already gained 6 lbs in a week! I'm not even hungry I just want to eat. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t be discouraged, every new day is an opportunity to reset the commitment. Overeating has been the reason the kilos have crept up for me and when I am tempted to indulge I remind myself that I saw results and don’t want my efforts to be for nothing.
I give myself “a talking to”
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

First of all, a variation of 6 lbs in a week (whether it’s a gain or a loss) is not likely to come primarily from actual tissue, i.e. fat and muscle, but rather from water. You would need a daily surplus of 3000 calories in order to achieve such a gain. Doesn’t mean you haven’t been binging, just that the binging can’t have been as consequential as you think.

As to gaining muscle, here again, there’s only so much you can gain in a few weeks, even when doing a lot of sport. And why would you hate that anyway?

One year ago (April 2019), you said you were 120 lbs and wanted to be 105 lbs. According to your profile, you’re 5’2" tall, which means your BMI at 120 is 21.9 (right in the middle of the normal weight range) and at 105 it would be 19.2 (close to underweight).

According to your profile, you’re 15 years old. This means you are likely still growing. You should focus on eating a good diet and living a healthy active livestyle rather than obsess about an arbitrary weight goal (especially an unrealistically low one). 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer