Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Sugar

Does anyone know if Fitbit plans on tracking sugar?  I see that if you purchase Premium membership, you can get a report that shows your sugar consumption; however, I really wanted to see it on a per meal basis.  I am new to Fitbit, and frankly I was shocked to see they don't track sugar when so many people are trying to watch their sugar intake - me included Smiley Happy

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

sugar?  or carbs?  i know it currently shows grams of carbs per meal in the log, but it doesn't break it down further.

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

I'm talking about sugar.  The info is obviously being collected because it shows up in their Premium reports, and if you add a new food it has a spot to add the sugar grams.

Best Answer

I'm not sure if fitbit plans on doing anything, but I imagine they have a lot more things ahead on their priority list, so I wouldn't count on it.

If you want, you can use MyFitnessPal in conjunction with fitbit. MFP will track all the sugar for you for free!

Best Answer

i agree, myfitness pal does this and you can sync it to the fitbit

Best Answer

If I would guess I think Fitbit may consider overhauling their nutrition logging.

Right now they DO collect all this info because if you click on a food item it shows you all the other nutrition facts and you can even edit them in if some are missing everything down to the amount of copper! Some of it is unlocked in premium (like sugar) but most (including vitamins except for Calcium, Potassium, and Sodium) isn't.

I think they will eventually add this feature because the data is there just not sure when. However I have a feeling they will reserve this feature for premium users.

Best Answer

I would love to be able to see my sugar intake along with the other nutrition information shown. I created a custom tracker just for sugar, but it's a pain that I have to go update that every time I enter a food. I don't understand why they don't just show it with the rest of the nutrition information.

Best Answer

@rdunkle wrote:

I would love to be able to see my sugar intake along with the other nutrition information shown. I created a custom tracker just for sugar, but it's a pain that I have to go update that every time I enter a food. I don't understand why they don't just show it with the rest of the nutrition information.

So it turns out this information is shown in the Premium version. Kind of not cool that the rest of non-premium users can't access it.

Best Answer

Agree I was very surprised, too not to see the sugar since it is such major category that consumers whether they are non-diabetic or diabetic find important to track in maintaining healthy eating habits.

Best Answer

Agreed.  Tracking sugar is very important and it would be nice to see it with the rest of the counts (ie.Calories, Fat, Fiber, Carbs) 

Please add it soon!!  Thanks!  

Best Answer

I hope they add it to their meal log. I mean, they go so far as to track fiber even so why not sugar? I love using their meal log to help me get my weight down and adding a daily sugar total would make it so much better!!! 

Best Answer

With the increase in the rate of folks becoming diabetic, along with the amount of sugar found in so much processed food, I would think it would be helpful to have a daily total (included in the totals bar on the screen where one logs food and water intake) that shows the number of grams one has consumed each day--just like for calories, fiber, protein.  As a health care practitioner, I think this information would be invaluable for conscientious Fitbit users who have made a serious commitment to dietary changes, but who may have difficulty in keeping track of sugar consumption from just logging the foods they eat.

Best Answer

I totally agree! There should be a way to track the sugar that is being logged into our individual accounts; as well as the various different names that are considered a type of sugar. I believe that it is a crucial thing to keep tabs on for anyone trying watch what they are eating, for whatever reason.

Best Answer

I completely agree.  It seems these days that tracking sugar is second only to tracking calories; it's probably just as important as tracking fat content.  Perhaps if enough of us ask for it they'll consider unlocking the feature for non-premium users.

Best Answer
How do I sync mfp to fit bit
Best Answer

@Pamelalynn wrote:
How do I sync mfp to fit bit

See this help article:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-integrate-Fitbit-with-MyFitnessPal

and:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30 (see that CONNECT button?)

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tracking sugar is a very important part of your diet. I track all my nutrition via My Fitness Pal (MFP) with the free app. It syncs with the fitbit nicely, they work well together.

Best Answer

You'd think that  with their devices like the Fitbit Blaze (which I own) costing so much that one wouldn't need to pay even more money for something you expected a 200$ health-monitoring wristwatch to come with naturally. 

Best Answer

@SomethingAweful wrote:

a 200$ health-monitoring wristwatch 

Fitbits are not marketed as "health-monitoring" or medical devices, but rather as fitness watches, fitness wristbands or activity trackers (depending on models). You can check the product descriptions on the web site. The stress is on fitness and activity. Of course, being fitter and more active often results in better health, but the point remains: Fitbits are not medical devices.

Does the Apple Watch (which is even more expensive) let you track sugar?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I track my food using My Fitness Pal.  This allows you to track sugar (you can choose which nutrients/minerals, etc. you wish to see each day).  I set up My Fitness Pal so that the exercise, walking, etc. from my Fitbit feed into the data in My Fitness Pal and adjusts caloric intake based on information received from Fitbit.

Best Answer