Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the best clean eating plan?

Have just been looking for a good resource, diet book, blog, cookbook, what have you for "clean eating," geared toward healthy weight loss.  I am pretty knowledgeable, but was wondering what is popular now or what has worked for others.  I'm basically looking to tone up and trim down a bit.  Have between 10-20 lbs. to lose, but the main goal is to keep it off and stop with the yo-yo-ing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

look into 'the 17 day diet'.  while it has that nasty word 'diet' in it it really is healthy clean eating.  i like it and when i stick to it (not going to lie) i lose a fair bit.  its the leaving sugars behind that always get me. 

anyways, i'm getting off track here.  the book is really good and is good common sense.  its pretty enjoyable.

theres loads of menus for this book as well.  lots online if you google '17 day diet'.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've referred to a lot of different books/blogs/plans for eating clean, some of my favorites are; marksdailyapple.com (this is focused on the paleo diet, but theres a lot of good information), Jackie Warner's  'Why you're fat'--if you can get past the obnxious title, there is also a lot of good information that can be found in this book, a long with fitness tips as well. Gweneth Paltrow's "It's all good.." has some really great recipes. 'Against all grain' is my favorite blog--her personal story of recovery using food is really powerful and shows just how important what we eat is--which i'm sure you already know 🙂 Like the title suggests, she abstains from wheat/grains, however her recipes are really creative and I'm sure you could substitute and add in what works for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

http://autoritynutrition.com is my guide as suggested by my trainer. It's very similar to Paleo but allows for dairy. I think it has some really good information.

Also, I just finished reading Wheat Belly (also suggested by my trainer) it really changed my thinking on what I had perceived to be clean eating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

do you use instagram?? there are tons of things on the internet, but i have found that to be overwhelming. however, there's a big clean eating/fitness "community" on instagram. you can search hashtags like "cleaneating", "cleaneats", etc and you will find the profiles- then follow those. people post multiple recipes, meals, ideas, etc daily. i have found tons of advice and great things through there and it's much easier to check (once you start following some ppl) than just out there in the internet. 

good luck on your search!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also look into http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/ and http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/. Both sites provide a wealth of information, recipes, and meal plans. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jillian Micheal's "Slim for Life" is a really good read...I was proud of myself for already incorperating many of the tips she shares in my own health/fitness regime. Although I have never been in the overweight category I  am now much more compfortable in my body and went from 125 to 110-112 (I'm 5'3) over a period of 6 months and have managed to keep it off (within 1-2 lbs) by eating clean 80% of the time and still allowing myself treats almost daily but in smaller portions. I'd say the biggest thing is to remember not to stop/ ease up once you get to your goal. Once your there be proud of yourself and keep eating healthy and exercising becasue your body deserves it for all the hard work you put in to loose it! I will say from experience it does get a little harder the closer you are to your goal and the weight comes off slowly but don't let that discourage you! Good Luck!

also you can check out my blog for some healthy recipe ideas: www.artsyedibles.tumblr.com

Callie

Best Answer
0 Votes

I highly recommend Tosca Reno. Her fitness/lifestyle books and cookbooks are great!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also like Jackie Warner's book, "Why You are Fat...."  it's got a lot of good info about nutrition and I like the strength training workouts that are included.  It's an interesting book to read!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The best eating plan is one that you live with without feeling deprived.

I love the book Metabolic Effect and I love Tosca Reno too.  Haven't read her books but I read her articles and I love her story.  I'll be looking up the other books mentioned 

Best Answer
I agree, Tosca Reno is very informative. The Eat-Clean Diet is a great book,I have read it in the past. Also if your looking for a good magazine, look into OnFitness for training, it has a lot of great articles and training tips without all the advertisements.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I stronly recommend www.marksdailyapple.com as a real good source for healthy eating and living.

Good books are:

Wheat Belly.

Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It.

Jay

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received three GREAT BOOKS over the Holidays--

"Gather, Paleo Entertaining"

"Practical Paleo"

"PaleOMG"

I think that if you stick to this kind of Nutritional Lifestyle and avoid stuff that isn't in the plan you cannot help but lose weight if you're what you consider overweight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would suggest the book Clean eating by dr. Junger  i did the 21 day cleanse start and found it to be very good.

Best Answer
0 Votes