Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Post-menopausal option in Female Health Tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What about those of us who are postmenopausal? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

Welcome on board @Lindaskully, it's nice to see you around! I will check what my friend @AndieJ suggested. Hot flashes in some cases raise the heart rate, so It would be great if you can see the time you spent while driving your car verses the hot flashes time period. 

If you're using SmartTrack with your Fitbit device, I'd recommend to see: How do I manually log exercises in the Fitbit app?

If you're getting steps or other data while driving, I'd like to share two options to prevent this to happen:

1. You can plug your tracker into the charging cable while you are driving -- the Fitbit will not count steps while it is charging.  

2. You can log the driving manually by following the steps in this article.

As mentioned above, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board and vote for the idea Menopause (Pre, during, and post)

Let us know if this helps you out! Man Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received my Versa and laughed at the "Female health " part..Um, not all females have periods, some may also be menaposal, perhaps. Lol.. Just wondering if this part of the app was created by a..male?

Best Answer

I agree.. I thought female health, meant all females, not someone just learning how to track their..period. Theres so much more to female health than their menstrual cycle. 

However, I had a great laugh when asked "When was your last period?"

Yikes! The hek do I remember.

Apparently, not well thought.

However I did have a great laugh.. Great job Fitbit.. (

I do have 3 more weeks to figure out if I should return my watch)

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @Carmen464! Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices and Fitbit app features.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board and vote for the idea Menopause (Pre, during, and post)

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you in the meantime. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes- I'm restarting my Fitbit use after a long absence.  I thought, "What a great idea!" until I opened it only to be annoyed that it was for younger women and only for period tracking.  Hello???   Sigh....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @crb55I totally understand how you feel, we appreciate your feedback.

As suggested above, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board and vote for the idea Menopause (Pre, during, and post)

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In your response, you miss the point. We would like one of your questions in setting up "Female Health" to ask if the user is getting periods. Assuming we all are is like assuming all men are over 6'2 in a default Men's Health tile and then telling men below 6'2 they are free to edit their dashboard to remove the tile. It basically communicates you are unusual and must accommodate. But we women over 50 seem to be about 15% of the U.S. population. Please do a usability study advised by a gynecologist to address this segment of your target market.

Best Answer

Hello @eta1! Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why complain. It is useful to many women and you don't have to use it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a Fitbit for the first time this week. I see four years have passed since you posted this and yet I got the Menstrual tracker automatically added as well. I'm 63. Whaaat? When are they going to do something about this concern?

Best Answer
Well, if we are the only two women complaining then they must think it is not important to many women. If more women complain, Fitbit is more likely to do something about it. I think that is how large organizations make decisions about resource allocation ☹.

Sent from Mail for Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

We're not at all the only two. I found a few other threads relating to this topic. What bothers me is how much they charge for premium and how slow they are to roll out important updates. I'm happy for the features they do have and find some of the missing things to be just plain weird. I also workout in Virtual Reality using the Oculus Quest 2 and various fitness programs inside the Metaverse. Perhaps it's because that is the cutting edge tech right now and fitness trackers have been around, but it seems to me the various VR fitness programs and trackers are developing at a much faster rate.

For clarity, there is no menses tracker in any of the VR programs I've worked with--but the rate of improvement seems faster than for wearables. Perhaps, jumping into using a wearable tracker, I should have gone with the Oura ring instead? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am honestly puzzled about this issue.  I am also post menopausal,  I already had a Fitbit before they launched the female health tracking app, and I thought it looked great, and might help my daughters, but it was useless to me, so I deleted it.  

I am glad my daughters have the option.  It was no problem to me to delete it, because it isn’t’t for me.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Many of us who are post menopausal would still like the opportunity to log our daily moods and hormonal reactions of our bodies. Your current choices DO NOT suit us. Please acknowledge this and explain how we log these daily changes to us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes