Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Post-menopausal option in Female Health Tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What about those of us who are postmenopausal? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

The Clue app is more inclusive by age and comprehensive in symptoms. It's compatible with the Versa/Ionic. www.helloclue.com

Best Answer

Does anyone know of a good app that will track changes in cycle patterns? I've been using Clue so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not an acceptable reply.

I assume it was men, not women who thought this was a good idea & don't understand why many of us are insulted by your assumption.

Maybe you will be insulted by my assumption, and you will better understand our issue with this.

Best Answer

I agree!  I can't figure out how to opt out of this terrible addition to my fit bit.  HELP!

Best Answer

I'm using my computer now -- How do I get rid of this terrible addition to my fitbit?  

Best Answer

Hi, @ramsfam, you can simply delete the "tile" (just like any tile that is not relevant to you).  Go to your app, press edit, press the X in the tile yu don't want, press done, and that's all.

If this doesn't make sense, please let us know which app you are using (Windows, iOS or Android) and someone can talk you through it.

Then you will never see it again !

I have to say, just for myself, even though it is not relevant to me, I am so glad that yunger women have this option and I welcome it.  I wish it had been available for me.  

Since Fitbit cannot know when a particular woman will stop having periods, I think it was reasonable to make it available to all women, especially since you don't need to use it ... you can just delete it...

I don't use the water tracking tile, but I am not offended that Fitbit makes it available.  Just my personal opinion.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to have a new member here, welcome to the Female Tracking board @Trish_SSmiley Very Happy For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. Please, look under the label "Female Health Tracking" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote. Woman Wink

I was making some research and was able to find this idea asking for the same:

Also, don't forget you both to always check the articleHow do I use the Fitbit app to track my period? since it is the best place to find more information about this new feature. 

The Female Heath Tracking was one of the most popular in the Feature Suggestion board and now it's implemented! Woman Very Happy Which means that, since this is a newly launched feature, we're always interested in ways to improve the product.

Thanks to all for the feedback! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also menopausal, and I keep deleting this tile and it keeps coming back.  Is there a trick?

Best Answer

Agreed--we older women have specific health issues that could be addressed in an app that touts itself as "Female Health Tracking."

Get some older women on your planning team to develop a program that meets our needs--I bet many fitbit users are in my age group, see the period tracker, and wonder why we can't add "none."

It made me feel old, and then I wondered how personal do I want to get with an app, anyhow?

Best Answer

Yes I'm 62 and the wretched thing appeared. Even though I have 'removed' it from my dashboard, it keeps re appearing after a few days

Best Answer

I agree. As a cancer survivor, I was thrust into menopause at the age of 35. Fitbit needs to have a OBGYN consult to assess other things that can be tracked both during pregnancy and during menopause. 

For menopause, you could track headaches, hot flashes, hormones taken, vaginal dryness, pain during intercourse. You can still track breast exams. But it would also be just as easy to have an on/off switch so that women who no longer menstruate can just switch it off. 

Best Answer

Hey there @NolaNurse@JoSpks@MP13071957, and @philliejillie! If you have the Fitbit Versa or Fitbit Ionic and want to remove the tile from the watch, you need to remove each period in the Fitbit app. Follow these steps to complete the process:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the female health tile.
  2. Tap or click a date on the calendar inside the period you want to delete. 
  3. Tap or click the pencil icon.
  4. Tap or click Delete.

If you have trouble adding or editing a period, see our troubleshooting tips.

Please note that you can't remove your female health tracking data only from the device, you must remove your data from the Fitbit app to delete the information from your device. Hiding the female health tracking tile from your app dashboard does not delete your female health tracking data from your mobile app or your device.

On the other hand, if you  have any other Fitbit tracker such as Charge 2, Blaze, Alta, and so on. You can hide the tile from your Fitbit app by following these steps: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click Edit at the bottom of the dashboard.
  2. Tap or click the x or - icon in the top left corner of the female health tile.
  3. Tap or click Done
  4. Sync 

Always make sure that you'll are using the latest Fitbit app version. Android should be on 2.73 and iOS on 2.52 as of today. Believe or not, running old versions might cause inconveniences. 

For Android users only: If you remove the FHT tile and log out of the app, you may see the FHT tile on your dashboard when you log back in. Please, force quit the app instead of logging out to avoid seeing the female health tracking tile appear in your dashboard. 

In regards to add post-menopausal option, please consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board and vote for the idea Menopause (Pre, during, and post)This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was so proud that I got rid of the tile. Imagine my surprise this morning when I woke up to a notification that my period will be starting today! 

How do I get rid of everything associated with my reproductive ability? 

What about a sorting question like at MD offices: date of last menses? 

Best Answer

I agree. I am in perimenopause and expected some features that would track my symptoms and give a comparison to the average for women at my age.... maybe some projections. maybe track my hot flashes...? I'd like to know how many I had by day and if they are getting more or less frequent. this would be good info to share with doc.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Helgabel, it's nice to see you around here! Robot wink Thanks for sharing your idea! 

As mentioned above, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board and vote for the idea Menopause (Pre, during, and post)This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Celina27! Thanks for your feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our product development team use this information to further improve our products and services.

Consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board and vote for the idea Menopause (Pre, during, and post)

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer

@Celina27 , you can definitely effectively disable it.  Just don't add any periods (or delete any previously added) and remove the tile from the app -- then it won't appear anywhere.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hi @Celina27! My friend @Julia_G is right, you can disable/delete female health tracking from your device

In order to do so, you need to remove each period in the Fitbit app. For instructions, please see: How do I add, edit, or delete a period in the Fitbit app?

You must remove your data from the Fitbit app to delete the information from your device. Hiding the female health tracking tile from your app dashboard does not delete your female health tracking data from your mobile app or your device.

Let us know if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed this past weekend that my fitbit gave me credit for activity while I was  riding in a car. It didn't make sense until I realized that it was during a time I had a hot flash. The fitbit is reading hot flashes as activity. Is it supposed to do that?  As a woman in her 50s, I'd like the 'female health tracking' to consider menopausal symptoms, especially since my fitbit is already counting the hotflashes as activity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
For me a hot flash raises my heart rate. So that being said it would reason that Fitbit would track that for me as activity. Will have to pay more attention to activity times verses hot flashes to see if I have the same thing happening. I'm pretty active so may be it is just lumping it all together.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer