Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit period

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm on blood thinners and my periods are both long and unpredictable. I'm tracking them for some semblance of warning so I don't end up in the woods completely unprepared, but the most recent one came two days early after last months was also early. Now I'm getting an error when I try to edit saying the minimum cycle length is 11 days, which means I would have to record an inaccurate 10 day period. How do I change this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Beckbit, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided. 

Please note that if a period doesn’t meet the following requirements, you may receive an error and be unable to log the period: 

• You can only add or edit current or past periods and details.
  • A period must be at least 1 day.
  • A period must be less than 11 days. If your period is longer, consider logging flow intensity details.
  • A cycle must be at least 11 days, and there must be a gap of at least 1 day between logged periods. If you experience a gap in bleeding during your period, it’s still 1 period.

Note that If you attempt to log a period in the future or a period with less than a one-day gap between periods, the pencil icon is unavailable. If you don’t see the pencil icon, make sure the period you’re attempting to log or edit meets all of the requirements.

Before anything else, please make sure that the Fitbit app is updated in your phone. Then, I'd recommend to try the following steps:

1. Close the Fitbit app from the open apps, and reboot your phone.
  2. Open the Fitbit app, and tap on the Female health tile from the Today tab.
  3. Tap on the gear icon at the upper right corner.
  4. Search for the "Edit Setup Values" and tap on "Cycle length".
  5. Enter the correct number of days, and then tap on "Done" or "OK".

If the same keeps happening, please provide me with a screenshot of what is displayed in the Fitbit app. For instructions to attach a picture, check this post.

I'll be here, keep me in the loop.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The 11 day limit is my issue, this does not conform to my cycle. So now I'm stuck logging a much longer period because the last two have come early, shortening the cycle below what the standard allows. From what you have said it sounds like there is no fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Beckbit, thanks for getting back. For now, the period must be less than 11 daysFor anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes