Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot edit change my period

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi — so I am trying to change my period  tracking from five day ending Sunday to four day ending Saturday — but the calendar won’t let me swipe backwards from Sunday. Is there something super simple I’m missing?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Welcome on board @Jcs0911! Keep in mind that if a period doesn’t meet the following requirements, you may receive an error and be unable to log the period: 

• You can only add or edit current or past periods and details.
  • A period must be at least 1 day.
  • A period must be less than 11 days. If your period is longer, consider logging flow intensity details.
  • A cycle must be at least 11 days, and there must be a gap of at least 1 day between logged periods. If you experience a gap in bleeding during your period, it’s still 1 period.

Note that If you attempt to log a period in the future or a period with less than a one-day gap between periods, the pencil icon is unavailable. If you don’t see the pencil icon, make sure the period you’re attempting to log or edit meets all of the requirements.

In you are still not able to edit your periods, while in the period tracker, go to Settings in the top right corner. It should bring up the option to remove "predictions". Turn it off, set your period then turn predictions back on. This way it seems to just put in your average period days and not what the predicted end date would've been. 

Can you please let me know if by doing these steps you can edit your periods correctly?

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Is it just me? Cannot edit the dates of my period. Period!! So frustrating. Please fix asap

Best Answer

Hi @FloJo44, thanks for jumping in here! If you cannot edit the dates of your period, I was wondering if you've tried the last steps I mentioned in my previous post? 

"In you are still not able to edit your periods, while in the period tracker, go to Settings in the top right corner. It should bring up the option to remove "predictions". Turn it off, set your period then turn predictions back on. This way it seems to just put in your average period days and not what the predicted end date would've been. "

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem where I can edit but it won’t allow me to swipe back from Sunday, even with predictions turned off. I can swipe forward into future dates and back wards. Just not from Sunday. Perhaps b/c it is too close to the edge of the screen? Very frustrating 

Best Answer

Hey there @carolyn931, thanks for stopping by! Please keep in mind what I said aboveA period must be less than 11 days, otherwise you cannot drag your dates forward or backward. 

If what I shared didn't work for you, please try doing the following:

• Go into Advanced settings
  • Change the day the week starts
  • Go back to Female Health and edit the days by dragging
  • Save the edited period
  • Go back into Advanced settings and change the day the week starts back again

Best Answer

Can anyone help me? I've tried all the steps above but I am unable to amend my period. I've turned off predicted and still not able to. For some reason Fitbit is adding a period that I'm not having

Best Answer

I'm having a ton of issues with this feature too. Can't delete, can't edit, overlapping start dates. Extremely frustrating. 

Best Answer

Same!!! It's been a few months now...so frustrating!!!!

Best Answer

I know it's been a few years since this was first posted but I really hope I can get some help.

I've tried all these steps and I still can't edit a period. Last month I couldn't edit it until three weeks later. When I tried logging something like cramps or flow it wouldn't show up. Now when I look back at last months period it shows 1-4 detail bubbles on each day. This month I answered the "did your period start today?" question six times the day it started. I tried editing it to start the correct day after that. It's been a week since it's stopped and I just now was able to add it but it added it very weirdly with three days strung together and 1 day separate and it was still predicting a period for this week. That was before I turned off predictions  with predictions off it still won't let me change it. The app is pretending that latest period isn't there so it won't even let me delete it though it is showing it on the calendar. I am thinking about deleting all the data on my fitbit account and starting fresh. 

Best Answer

post made in error

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! It tells me I have a period every week!

Best Answer

I have a few questions about the menstrual cycle tracker. Somehow I wound up with 4 different cycles save for 1 month's time I'm. I cannot figure out how to delete them. When I click and hold it only gives me the the option to add a menstrual cycle. And there is no pencil icon that everybody keeps talking about anywhere on the app have been through the whole thing.

Best Answer