Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing a Period

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There doesn’t seem to be any way to edit my cycle other than dragging the bar, which doesn’t work for some reason. As a result I’ve accidentally given myself a 24-day period in January and prediction that I’m in the middle of one now (I’m not). Can you fix so we can delete a period from indicidial days? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

Thanks for stopping by @kapers5700! I've just tested my Fitbit app since I'm on iOS device and I could find the option to change the start day of the week by following these steps:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the account icon.
  2. Tap or click Advanced Settings. You might have to scroll down to find this option.
  3. Tap or click Start Week On and choose which day you want your weeks to begin. Your female health calendar updates automatically.

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much. I was looking in the wrong place. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome @kapers5700Robot wink Glad to hear this worked for you. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

im having this problem too ive not had a period for nearly a year and yesterday upon setting up my app i put my last period feb 2018 and it also added yesterday as id started , deleted several times but still keeps coming up .

Best Answer

Welcome here @3707, it's nice to see you around! I'd suggest, deleting your Fitbit App and restarting your phone, then add back the Fitbit app and try it again following these steps.

Can you please make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply , unfortunately this did not work , I tried
deleting after it says it's deleted but remains there.
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @3707! Are you getting any error message when you try deleting your period?

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the female health tile.
  2. Tap a date on the calendar inside the period you want to delete. 
  3. Tap the pencil icon.
  4. Tap Delete. Note that if you have predictions turned on, you’ll still see your predicted period. 

If you delete a confirmed period and you have predictions turned on, you’ll still see the predicted period for that cycle. For more information about the icons and colors on your female health tracking calendar, see How do I read the female health tracking calendar in the Fitbit app?

To turn off predicted periods, see How do I edit my female health settings?

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply I have now found that if I turn predicted periods
of it doesn't show on my women's health time I'm on my period , when I
switched it on again it says 5 days until my period ends like I've started
today and donut seems the problem lies within predictive periods .
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @3707! Thanks for letting me know what has worked for you. 

While in the period tracker, go to Settings in the top right corner. It should bring up the option to remove "predictions". Turn it off, set your period then turn predictions back on. This way it seems to just put in your average period days and not what the predicted end date would've been. 

Give this a go and let me know if this works! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue - I have tried all these tips and tricks and nothing saves.  I have entered the same data so many times and when you come back to the app it's all gone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @ioniclog! Thanks for taking the time to follow the tips and recommendations provided along this thread. 

While reading your post I was wondering if you're having trouble updating/editing your period or all your data is gone? I mean, the app deletes your information? With editing I mean if the pencil is unable?

Looking forward to your reply! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, this actually works! Have been tearing my hair out trying to get the start date right. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @SunsetRunner, it's nice to see you around here! I'm glad to hear the steps provided worked.

Don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.. agreed. editing a period on the app is immensely frustrating as it jumps all over the place and for some reason editing across a weekend is even more difficult. any suggestions other than use a different app - it would be better if a pop up calendar were there - at least it would fix the bar with its own ideas!

Best Answer

Hi there @JLP500, thanks for stopping by! Please try the following steps:

• Go into Advanced settings
  • Change the day the week starts
  • Go back to Female Health and edit the days by dragging 
  • Save the edited period
  • Go back into Advanced settings and change the day the week starts back again

I know that this is not the ideal since it should be working with these steps, but I'd like to confirm with you if this is working in all scenarios. Rest assure that we're taking your comments very seriously and sharing this information to our team. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is NO pencil, nor does mine respond to ANY attempt to edit.  I just got mine, a Versa, and the software on the phone should be up to date.

I have had Bluetooth issues, could there be an underlying software issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've struggled with this part of the app from the beginning. I'm trying to track my periods for medical reasons and the app is not working. I have the latest edition, I have shut down everything and restarted, and still no change in how the app functions in the period portion. I try to delete a predicted period or mark it not yet and it flashes right back to what it originally had. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This no longer works!  Using the pencil to edit doesn't save the change you made and seems to cause the period to be 'forgotten'.  Even though it is still on the calendar, the cycle length doesn't reset for the period occurring, and it is still starting and ending on the wrong day because I can't get the edit to save.  I've tired again and again.  Very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does not work. I have attempted going through these exact steps, but there is still a day in October that will not go away.

Best Answer
0 Votes