Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing a Period

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There doesn’t seem to be any way to edit my cycle other than dragging the bar, which doesn’t work for some reason. As a result I’ve accidentally given myself a 24-day period in January and prediction that I’m in the middle of one now (I’m not). Can you fix so we can delete a period from indicidial days? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

Thanks for confirming that the steps did work for you @Luroc! We'll be more than glad to report this inconvenience along with the workaround shared here. 

We understand that this isn't the resolution you were hoping for, but rest assured we are always working to improve our products.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I was having the same problem on android - I could change the period start date but the end date was automatically set to the predicted end date (even if it made my period 8 days long) and I could hold and drag the start day but could absolutely NOT drag the end date to change it. I went into my settings, turned off the "show predictions" feature and then entered my period correctly. When I turned predictions back on, everything looked fine. Hopefully Fitbit fixes this glitch so we dont have to do this every time!

Best Answer

Yes, I definitely hope they fix this so we don't have to keep doing work-arounds! 

Best Answer

Thanks for adding your feedback @Ali25 and @owchness. As mentioned before we're always working on improving features and services, rest assure that we've passed it along to tour team. Thanks for your understanding while we're working on this.

I'll be around, let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue trying to edit a period in the iOS app.  I have even deleted the period and tried to add it back.  When I do, I tap on the date it started.  The calendar then shows the period started four days earlier than the date I tapped.  Dragging does NOT work on my phone, for some reason.  It did when I first started using the female health tracker.

Today, four days after the period started, I was finally able to add the period with the correct start date (I'm not sure why the app wants to show the start day of a period four days before today's date - seems to be a major glitch).  However, now it's showing I have a 9 period, even though my default is set to 6 days.  So frustrating!  I will repeat that clicking the pencil icon or tapping the calendar to edit the dates does NOT work on my phone.

Please add the option to manually add a start date, then an end date.  Dragging on the calender is clearly not working for everyone, and I have tried every suggestion mentioned on these boards.

In addition to my previous post, I would also like to see the female health tracker added to my dashboard on the website, so that I can maybe have the option to edit on my computer if I cannot on my phone.  I sometimes edit my sleep that way, when my fitbit does not record the correct start time for sleep.

Best Answer

Hey there @greenalgee, thanks for jumping in here! Sorry to hear this is happening for you. Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this already. 

As it has been mentioned above, this issue was already reported and our team is aware of it. We'll make sure to share any updates when available. 

In the meantime, I'd suggest trying the steps that @WhiteQueen1982 has shared here.

Your idea is great. I was making some research and was able to find this idea asking for the same:

Please cast a vote for the idea and leave a comment to show support for it. We're always interested in ways to improve the product! Thanks for your feedback. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. Look under the label "Female Health Tracking" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote!  

Stay tuned for any updates! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I've also been struggling to edit the start of a period form Saturday to Sunday. I just found out if you drag the start date down rather than to the edge of the screen it'll work!

Best Answer

How you doing my friend @meganw4? Welcome to the Forums! Great feedback, I'm glad to hear that you were able to edit your period information. 

Thanks for sharing!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fact that it's almost impossible to adjust the dates is somewhat infuriating. The feature offers no flexibility right now. I can't drag the bar over a week break either 😞

Best Answer

Just drag the date down not across! 

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @psmm, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Thanks for the help @meganw4. Sorry for the inconvenience that you're having while editing your information @psmm. You can check this post, where I explained what to do in this cases. Thanks for your feedback, we're working on having more and better options for you.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing happens when I press the pencil button or today's date. I was able to add flow intensity pressing the + sign, but still predicts my period is starting tomorrow. How to edit current period?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @cleydevan! To add or edit a period: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the female health tile.
  2. Tap or click the start date of a period on the calendar.
  3. Tap or click the pencil icon to add or edit a period (you can also tap and hold a date on the calendar). If you turned on predictions, the entire period appears on the calendar based on your average period length.
  4. On the calendar, tap the first or last day of a period and then slide your finger across the dates to adjust the period length. 
  5. Tap or click Save.

To delete a period:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the female health tile.
  2. Tap or click a date on the calendar inside the period you want to delete. 
  3. Tap or click the pencil icon.
  4. Tap or click Delete.

If a period doesn’t meet the following requirements, you may receive an error and be unable to log the period: 

• You can only add or edit current or past periods and details.
  • A period must be at least 1 day.
  • A period must be less than 11 days. If your period is longer, consider logging flow intensity details.
  • A cycle must be at least 11 days, and there must be a gap of at least 1 day between logged periods. If you experience a gap in bleeding during your period, it’s still 1 period.

Note that If you attempt to log a period in the future or a period with less than a one-day gap between periods, the pencil icon is unavailable. If you don’t see the pencil icon, make sure the period you’re attempting to log or edit meets all of the requirements.

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer

Yeah, it worked when I clicked on yesterday - by some reason today's date
was unavailable!!
Thanks 🙂

--
Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer

Hi @cleydevan! You're welcome. I'm glad to know that you found help on the Forums, we're here to help all members. Please feel free to come back at any time, we try to take care of all the members of our family. Heart

I dont' know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Marathon Training or How do you break out of your sedentary lifestyle?

Keep stepping around in the Forums! Cat Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with the inability to save an accurate period status. I cannot drag the last day of my period to the correct day. For example, if my period started on a Sunday, my last day of my period is saying it is also a Sunday and I cannot drag it to Saturday no matter how long I hold down or slowly try to drag it. I even changed my period length from seven days to five days with no luck in it changing. My phone is an android. This is the most annoying app I have on my Fitbit versa, which is unfortunate because I was excited about this app. I am so annoyed with it, that I have taken it off my Fitbit dashboard and I am trying to figure out how to take it off my Fitbit all together. Please fix this issue. 

Best Answer

Hey there @mlharris, thanks for stopping by! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having while editing your period.

As suggested along this thread, please check and follow the steps that @YojanaFitbit has posted here. If they don't do the trick for you, see these ones from @WhiteQueen1982.

Please always make sure that your Fitbit Versa and your Fitbit app are up-to-date. 

In regards to remove the Female Health tile on your watch, you need to remove each period in the Fitbit app first. Here are the steps:

1. rom the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the female health tile.
  2. Tap or click a date on the calendar inside the period you want to delete. 
  3. Tap or click the pencil icon.
  4. Tap or click Delete.

If you have trouble adding or editing a period, see our troubleshooting tips.

Please note that you can't remove your female health tracking data only from the device, you must remove your data from the Fitbit app to delete the information from your device. Hiding the female health tracking tile from your app dashboard does not delete your female health tracking data from your mobile app or your device.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar problem as one of the other commenters. I started my period earlier than the predicted date. My period lengths are set at 5 days. But when I click to add the earlier date it goes clear to the end of the predicted date. For example, the prediction was that I would start on the 5th and go through the 9th. But I started today on the 3rd and will likely go through to the 7th. But instead of allowing me to enter that in it just goes from the 3rd to the 9th. I've tried clicking and dragging and holding it down at cetera and nothing is working.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @TigrisTiger! Thanks for letting me know what's happening on your Female Health tracking. 

While in the period tracker, go to Settings in the top right corner. It should bring up the option to remove "predictions". Turn it off, set your period then turn predictions back on. This way it seems to just put in your average period days and not what the predicted end date would've been. 

Give this a go and let me know if this works! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

He steps previously shared are not the same in IOS. There is no option in Advanced Settjng to change the start day of the week. This is making me crazy!

Best Answer