Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing period dates not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It is almost impossible to slide the day of a period into a different week. This is so frustrating that it's making me want to find different software. Why can we not just choose the day for the start of our period? Please issue an update.

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

You've rather identified the problem - the app will only let you change dates at certain, specified times - that is a design flaw! Sort it out or I'm back off to Clue

Best Answer

Hey there @linzena, thanks for stopping by! I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services.

We provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

Please refer to my post above for more details.

Let me know if there's any questions present.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem is, it deletes what I put in once I save it and go back to my dashboard. I have logged a period about 20 times and I am very disappointed in it. Never saves it, a waste of time! 

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Kjsw, it's nice to see you around here! We've noticed this issue has re-emerged this month. The problem has been escalated for investigation. 

We appreciate your help and will update you when we have more info. Please stay tuned and we thank you for your patience! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever find a solution?  

The app predicted my period to start last Saturday (9th) and it started on Wednesday (13th)-later than predicted. I cannot get the date to move. I’ve tried going into Fitbit.com’s website in the computer and it’s still not helping me edit it.

This DOES need to be updated if we want it to work properly, and be a useful gesture, because now the app is telling me I’m fertile when I ha e only been menstruating for a few days, and now next month’s period will be incorrect too.

4489E995-BB44-4AC6-9B65-7335404D4BE1.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Manderlyh, it's nice to see you around here! Thanks for the screenshot provided my friend.

If a period doesn’t meet the following requirements, you may receive an error and be unable to log the period: 

• You can only add or edit current or past periods and details.
  • A period must be at least 1 day.
  • A period must be less than 11 days. If your period is longer, consider logging flow intensity details.
  • A cycle must be at least 11 days, and there must be a gap of at least 1 day between logged periods. If you experience a gap in bleeding during your period, it’s still 1 period.

Note that If you attempt to log a period in the future or a period with less than a one-day gap between periods, the pencil icon is unavailable. If you don’t see the pencil icon, make sure the period you’re attempting to log or edit meets all of the requirements.

My sister had a similar issue, her period was 2 days late this month. For her the current day and all future dates all had a grey pencil and could not be edited. Well, she tapped on yesterday's date which had a black pencil so she was able to edit the period like that. 

So, tap on a day that has already passed, where there is a black pencil, then edit your period. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I'm leaving a problem with the teacher being able to.... Keep track.... It will start that my period will start correctly and then, at some point, it will decide to randomly change the date and tell me that it will start in a few days. I don't understand stand how it just randomly decides to change the date for no apparent reason.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @A1000wtpI'd suggest, deleting your Fitbit App and restarting your phone, then add back the Fitbit App and try it again following these steps.

Also, make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date. With that being said I would like to make it clear that any data that may have disappeared will not re-appear after updating. After updating, please let me know if there are still any issues with data being deleted. 

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. I'll be around! 

Best Answer

I have actually learned that I have to delete the period and then add it back in once the predicted mensuration period is deleted.  

Thanks for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Manderlyh! Thanks for letting us know that has worked for you. Woman Very Happy

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using this app for almost a year now, and it's terrible. I had high hopes.

I have all the same issues that everyone else has with regards to changing the date my period started/ended (it's clear that the design team didn't take into consideration that some women can have more than a day or two of fluctuation in their start/end dates).

I was eager to try the app since it talked about becoming more predictive the more data you entered....but this app's algorithm is awful.

Not only will I have the app tell me that I'm predicted to start my period one day, three days later I'll get another notification saying that my period is to start today and then 5 days after that I'll get another notification saying that my period is to start today.

This isn't predictive. It's lazy. The app is simply taking the new information I'm putting in, ignoring what I previously put in, and accepting that my new start date will automatically be the next start date for the following month, instead of using a more intelligent algorithm to consider previous entries and determine a more accurate prediction in the future. On top of this, it's not adjusting my predictive dates, only superimposing on top of them which means I get all of those notifications in a month.

(Team member, before you go suggesting that I go into my predictions and remove/adjust or turn them off and then on again - I should NOT have to do this! This is a design flaw in the app that should be fixed - along with the other design flaws mentioned.)

Thinking that perhaps this was something that other apps struggled with, I decided to start using two others to see if I would run into the same issues.

The two other apps have become increasingly more predictive of my period based on the information I have submitted for the last 6 months. Additionally, it was easy to add/change my information on a monthly basis. On top of this, it would offer suggestions as to how to assist in becoming more accurate with my predictions (ie: if it was noticing that I had initially put in a 28 day cycle, it would notify me that they have noticed a 29 day cycle and that I might consider making the adjustment.)

I've read the team's responses to other's comments regarding this issue, and it's clearly PFO messages.

Very disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the most useful addition to the period tracking would be to have a way to enter dates in manually rather than having to do the tap and slide thing. Every time I click on the little pencil icon to edit I hope it will take me to a place to do that. Never does - you would think I learned.

And like a previous user mentioned, it doesn't seem to be that good at predicting periods. My period is a solid 4 days. And yet the app says it is 6. 

It would also be nice to have a place on the dashboard on the website to edit the period since so many people seem to be having trouble doing it on the app. And also like someone else mentioned, the app does seem to be glitchy when it comes to editing details. On my last period I marked how the flow was several times. On the second day I went in to mark how it was and noticed my information for the previous day was gone. The same thing happened when I went in each day - all previous information was gone. 

Thank you for your time in listening to us and fixing the issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its Feb 2021 and this is still VERY much an issue. Editing it is unnecessarily hard and even more frustrating whilst menstruating which is usually when I need to edit. 

This is horrible and it's something not fixed for over 2 years! For this reason I'm no longer going to use this as my tracker! Boo

Best Answer

I'm also having trouble editing my period in this app.  It tells me that the minimum length of a logged cycle is 11 days.  It certainly looks like I meet that requirement, so I don't know why that message comes up.  

My period started early by 2 days.  My periods usually last 4 to 5 days, so I wanted to change the predicted end date from the 6th to the 3rd.  I've tried closing and restarting the app, but still, I cannot move the date when my current period will end.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just how the software is?

Screenshot_20210228-100012.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
You’re not doing anything wrong. The issue with the app is that it will not let you edit a period at all until the period has ended or the dates have passed. You can’t do it before or during. You have to wait until
after and then edit it. It’s so stupid.
Best Answer
0 Votes