Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Female Health Tracking suggestion/feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

PSA: you cannot predict ovulation or periods based on previous cycles. This “tool” is never going to be accurate (except by coincidence). 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome on board @RoxieL, it's nice to see you here! Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Female Health Tracking. You bring up a great question on how ovulation is predicted in the app. To help answer, I think you should check out our article: What is female health tracking in the Fitbit app? It touches and provides some insight for you. 

While you may not be able to edit your ovulation day, please add it to our Feature Suggestions. I was making some research and was able to find these ideas asking for the same:

Please let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Maria,

I have already had a read through that article and it confirms that the algorithm for ovulation and period predictions is only based off of data from previous cycles and nothing else (similar to the rhythm method or standard days method).

Maybe the best feature suggestion would be that Fitbit could link up to our FABM tracking apps? 

Exact ovulation day isn’t necessary to know unless you’re trying to conceive, so the ability to edit ovulation day needn’t be a priority. However, it’s not really possible to confirm ovulation without BBT (other than with pregnancy), so just because someone logs a period doesn’t necessarily mean that they’ve ovulated. 

I did notice that if I selected the pill as my birth control option, it still gave me an ovulation prediction and fertile window?? Another huge flaw!

Thanks,

Roxie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RoxieL, thanks for coming back! Thank you for the thorough feedback for Female Health Tracking. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

I'll be around if there's anything else I may do for you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes