Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Female Health is showing wrong language

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Alta that I bought in Japan. I live in Japan but have it set up to be in English. All language settings are in English, only the time, country and food base is Japan(ese).

For some reason, the female health section setup is entirely in Japanese, which is incredibly frustrating. Why is the entire app not in English? Why is it only this part that's in Japanese? I'd like a solution ASAP please!

I have rebooted my phone and made sure the app was up to date. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hey there @_Nikki_, thanks for stopping by!  Can you try changing your country to an English one (like AU, or USA)? Then, try to see if the Female Health Tile remains in Japanese. After changing the language, you can try to sync to make the changes effective. 

Also, please make sure that you're running the latest version for the Fitbit app as we've released new updates. The Android app should be on 2.73 and iOS should be on 2.52

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The language was already in English so there shouldn't have been an issue. After I updated, the country changed to Australia automatically. I changed everything but the timezone and was still getting Japanese in the female health tile. Whenever I try to update now it asks/automatically changes the language of my fitbit to Japanese. Was in Europe recently and it kept changing languages to match the country without me wanting it to.

Makes it a useless feature for me, and the fitbit a clunky device and app to use if it's constantly changing languages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @_Nikki_! Please try following the steps I've shared in this post and let me know if something changes. 

Don't worry, I got your back. Just keep me in the loop! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for responding

Phone language is in English (always has been)

App (android)
Location Japan, food database Japan, time zone Japanese
Automatic time and location off (used to be on, but I travelled around Europe recently and didn't always have internet access, which caused the time/date to be a little weird)

Changed language by region on dashboard (Mac) (Japanese --> English). However, this was originally set to English, so it's a little weird and concerning that settings are suddenly changing. 

Synced twice, updated tracker software, told me it had updated but still had the red update bar, so clicked again, apparently had completed but the bar was still there, rebooted phone. 

This changed my location to Australia, did not change the language. So I turned on auto location. Synced again. Still in Japanese. Turned off auto location. Kept location as Aus, synced. Still Japanese.

This is getting a little ridiculous... There was no problem until recently. How am I supposed to use this device for my health if I can't fully understand what it's telling me? Why is it changing suddenly? Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for following my suggestions @_Nikki_Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes