Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot flash logging and Menopause

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Women's health continues past childbearing and fertility, why not include some functions for the menopausal age group? For example: It would be helpful if Fitbit added a logging function for hot flashes. It would only need to be something simple like the timer/stopwatch that could be pressed easily and recorded on the dashboard to show to the GP at appointments, and to help see trends and triggers. Adding in a recording for other symptoms would be great too, but the hot flashes seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to add for starters.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Okay, but if you ever get a chance to discuss this kind of feature with the Fitbit team again, do remind them that whatever proportion of your customers are female, 100% of those ovary having customers are going to want this feature either now, soon, or someday. Perimenopause can go on for years. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello there @Amanda_UK, nice to see you around.

I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided about the Fitbit app. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

I've noticed that you've posted a feature suggestion about this topic: Women's health, hot flash logging

For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. Please, look under the label "Female Health Tracking" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote. 

You can check this other request: Menopause (Pre, during, and post) While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you in the meantime. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Given how much menopause affects so many aspects of our life (sleep, metabolism, etc.) the Women's Health section REALLY needs something for us.  Or at the very least incorporate it into the algorithms that analyze sleep and so on.

Best Answer

Hi @alexbellydancer welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks you for your feedback. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQsFor now, we will leave that suggestion open only for votes so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your comment with us and we will let you know if anything changes

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, but if you ever get a chance to discuss this kind of feature with the Fitbit team again, do remind them that whatever proportion of your customers are female, 100% of those ovary having customers are going to want this feature either now, soon, or someday. Perimenopause can go on for years. 

Best Answer

Hey Fitbit- ignore the ladies if you like, but your competitors are way ahead of you...

Best Answer

That's a good idea.  And what to do to stop them other than hormone therapy.  I wish I knew what triggers them because a tiny bit of stress seems to do it.  

Best Answer