Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased Resting HR days before cycle...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I normally have a resting heart rate in the mid 50’s, sometimes high 50’s.  But everyday for the past couple of day, my HR has been going up about 1-2 beats per min, each day. Today it is now 69 resting BPM.  This is “high” for me. I’ve been checking my fitbit app and it won’t even dip below 80 while I’m asleep.  Which is very rare, as it normally dips to 50-52 while I’m asleep. My period is supposed to start in 7 days, so I’m curious if anyone has experienced an increase in HR before their cycle starts.  It’s actually quite uncomfortable because I feel it beating faster than normal as I’m used to a low HR. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Nice to see you around @Dee_914. Thanks for posting your inquiry here.

I've heard that researchers found that during a woman's fertile window the period of about six days when a woman can become pregnant her resting heart rate increases by about 2 beats per minute, on average, compared with her heart rate during menstruation. But I think it's best that you check this information with your doctor since Fitbit devices are not a medical devices.

You can learn more about how Fitbit keeps in mind that several factors can affect your heart rate, including air temperature, stress level, physical body position, and medication use (source).  You can also check this information How do I improve the accuracy of my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

I'll be around in case that you have more questions about your Fitbit.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi did you ever figure out what this was ?

i have this problem to and don’t know what it is.

its not the average 1-2 bpm that the internet talks about 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There’s another thread about increased heart rate up to 10 days before period. Mine goes from lowest (63) to highest before period (75-76) that’s been tracked for a year. Then as soon as period comes, drops back to low 60s. 

in that thread it seems majority of other women same thing. 

Best Answer

I’m noticing this as well

Best Answer
0 Votes