Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period came early - how do I edit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My period was predicted to start tomorrow. It started today. I’m unable to edit the start date. When I tap the pencil icon nothing happens. When I tap the day on the calendar nothing happens. Periods come early for people all the time. This is a common occurrence. The app should be able to accommodate this. I’m regretting deleting my Period Tracker app. 

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hey @reson8or, welcome to the Forums! Smiley Happy

Thanks for reporting this and for the steps that you tried to enter your period. If your Female Health tile is not responding. Please force quite the App and try to sync your tracker. Then try again to add or edit your period. What model of phone are you using?

To add or edit a period: 

1. Tap the female health tile.
  2. Tap the start date of a period on the calendar.
  3. Tap the pencil icon to add or edit a period (you can also tap and hold a date on the calendar). If period predictions are turned on, the entire period appears on the calendar based on your average period length.
  4. On the calendar, tap the first or last day of a period and then slide your finger across the dates to adjust the period length. 
  5. Tap Save.

I have a similar scenario, so I tried to log my period a day before from the prediction's date. I have and Android phone:

Log a day before.jpg

love a day before2.jpg

Please let me know if you were able to enter you period.

I'll be aorund.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am having the same issue as @reson8or.  I have an iPhone.  My period came 1 day early,  I have attempted to follow the directions to add/edit a period, but when I tap the pencil icon, nothing happens.  when I tap and hold a date on the calendar, nothing happens.  It will not allow editing.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance

Best Answer

Welcome on board @JRA80, it's nice to see you here! Thanks for sharing with those details about what you're experiencing when trying to edit your period.

While in the period tracker, go to Settings in the top right corner. It should bring up the option to remove "predictions". Turn it off, set your period then turn predictions back on. This way it seems to just put in your average period days and not what the predicted end date would've been. 

Give this a go and let me know if this works! Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

@JRA80 wrote:

Hi, I am having the same issue as @reson8or.  I have an iPhone.  My period came 1 day early,  I have attempted to follow the directions to add/edit a period, but when I tap the pencil icon, nothing happens.  when I tap and hold a date on the calendar, nothing happens.  It will not allow editing.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance

Try force closing the app and clearing the app cache in your phone's settings.  Doing either (or both) of these things work for me!

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @DramaQueenDiva, thanks for sharing the steps that have worked for you. I'm sure this will help other users who jump in here looking for tips and recommendations. Robot Very Happy

Hi @JRA80, we didn't hear back from you. Were you able to edit your period by following our recommendations?

Looking forward to your reply!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello-

My period arrived a day early and I have spent the better part of my morning trying to trouble shoot. I have done the cache clearing, logging out of the app, turning off Bluetooth, turning off the phone, turning on the phone, turning Bluetooth back on and logging in. I have had no success thus far.

I just get slight haptic feedback when I press on today's date and tapping on the pencil does nothing.

Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Poodlepants, thanks for jumping in here! Also, thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this inconvenience with your period, nice way to go!

While reading your post I was wondering if you have tried what I suggested in this post?

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Helllo and thank you for responding. That was the first thing I tried. I guess I should have added that in my post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please provide me a screenshot showing what you're getting when you try to edit your period @Poodlepants?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure. Here it is.

fullsizeoutput_92f.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the screenshot provided @Poodlepants! Can you please try what @YojanaFitbit provided in this post?

Also, keep in mind that if you attempt to log a period in the future or a period with less than a one-day gap between periods, the pencil icon is unavailable. If you don’t see the pencil icon, make sure the period you’re attempting to log or edit meets all of the requirements.

Best Answer

This is how I was able to edit when my period came a day early: Go to “yesterday” (so the the day before your period started) and then hit the edit/pencil icon and then you can drag and extend your period start and stop dates. Hope this works for you! 👍🏼

Best Answer

Hey @pinky921! It is nice to see you around! 

Thanks for sharing what worked for you, lets hope it helps other users. 

Please keep on participating in the community and let us know if you happen to have any questions in the future. 

Selma | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes