Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period suddenly changed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My period/fertile days predictions have been the same for a month (since my last period). I haven't changed any info, but when I woke up this morning, all of the dates have changed.

I'm just wondering why this has happened? 

I've force quit the app, turned predictions off and on again, but they have not changed back to what they were before.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Yes mine does the same. Every month. Gets to day 6 of period then says day 1 again. But I can see the pink lines in the correct place still each month, it is every day 6 that it always changes. I can manually change it back. But why does it do it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @SJTB and @HMM0735. I totally understand how you feel. We appreciate your feedback and efforts in troubleshooting the Female Health tile prior to contacting us. 

We need to research the root cause of the issue. However, this takes almost the same amount of time that it takes for us to release any new feature/update from the previous platforms that we have launched already.

We can't determine any specific date to provide to you. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a lot of issues with the period tracker. Simular to others, the app automatically changes my dates. In addition, the last two months it has told me my period will start two weeks in a row. (Example it will predict my period and then literally a week after it already claimed to have started, i get a second message saying "your period will start today"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it’s annoying isn’t it? Mine always gets to day 6 it goes back to day 1. But the pink lines remain in the correct place 🤷‍:female_sign: 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes agreed. It makes it really hard to track which I guess was the purpose of the feature in the first place. Hopefully they will be able to shed some light on the issue soon. (Its especially hard for those who are trying to get pregnant since the period is so unpredictable)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Hkassabian and @SJTB. I totally understand where your concern is coming from. 

As mentioned above, we're still researching the root cause of the issue and we can't determine any specific date to provide to you. We'll make sure to keep you informed as soon as we have updates about this. 

However, I was wondering if you both have may tried what I recommended here

Let me know if there's anything I may do to help you in the meantime. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back. I understand it will take time. I have tried resetting and following the steps you listed. Right now, it is currently working ok. I tend to have the most issues right around when my period is predicted to start (or I guess the week after), so most of the time it tracks it accurately until my period is either here or about to be and then it all changes. I have found that I just had to edit it all myself and hope that it continues to stay until the next time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally understand @Hkassabian. Thanks so much for following the tips and recommendations I provided. I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards Female Health tracking.

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

I'm glad to hear that your Female Health tracking is working fine now. Don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I may do to help you in the meantime. 

Keep me in the loop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had this happen several times as well. Every time it happens, I have to try and remember when I got it the previous month so it can reset correctly. This is obviously an ongoing problem. What has been done to fix it? 

Best Answer

It maybe from your phone or settings okay

Best Answer
0 Votes

It happens every time without phone updates or changing the settings within the app or even my phone settings. Do you use the period tracker @ScottGraham?

Best Answer

It happens all the time on mine still. I’ve changed my phone too. Now I’ve turned the predictions part off and just log manually. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This same issue has happened over 3 times to me also! App was on last date of period and then next morning after not making any changes, all the dates have moved and it says it’s the first date.  
There must be a glitch with this 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see that it's been a considerable amount of time that you have been researching this problem. Is there any insight yet? I have this problem and it's super annoying, and defeats the whole purpose of period tracking.

Best Answer

Same thing happens to me. Any updates on a fix for this? 

Best Answer

This also has started happening to me. So it appears they still haven't fixed this. I would like an update too

Best Answer

this has started happening to me too

It claims my cycle is predicted to be 2 months (48 days) apart when I have it entered in as 28 days.

I have to manually enter and adjust it every time now. Just started since the most recent fitbit update.

Best Answer

I’m getting this same issue! Period start date is set, I check and everything’s ok. Then today I get a message “your period is predicted to start in two days” um what? Now it’s all changed! This has happened for at least the last three-four months.

It also randomly deleted one of my periods so I have a random 56-day cycle in there messing up my average. 

Best Answer

Mine has been acting up too. Reported this back a few months ago and nothing happened to fix it.

Mine keeps saying I'm not due fore a period for 30 days when I am actually due for one in 2 weeks?

My cycle length is set to 28 days when I check that, yet the predictions show 6 weeks between them??

Best Answer

Same, I don't edit mine and it changes my start dates so drastically that I quit using it and just track it in my phone calendar.  Horrible function if we can't even depend on it.

Best Answer