Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period tracker ignoring logged period

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So obviously this is a sort of annoying thing to mention because it's private info. But I'm about to go insane trying to figure this out and I don't know what else to do.

I've used the Fitbit app to log my periods for almost 5 years, now, and it's worked fantastically for me. I know how the app works, and am confident this isn't a user error issue, since after so long I know how to use it.

This month, my period came a few days earlier than my prediction. No problem - it's happened before a few times, and I always just log it and Fitbit updates its expectations. This usually just seems to throw off the prediction by a few days for a cycle or two, but it's no big deal. Well, not this time!

This time, I logged my slightly early period (early by 3 days, according to the first prediction, I think) and then Fitbit decided to completely ignore that period but adjust the prediction to a week later for some reason. My logged period is highlighted as always, just as it should be, but when I click on those dates, it says "no period logged." It wouldn't let me tell it the prediction was wrong (I guess because it was in the future). I tried deleting my logged period and recreating it, but it wouldn't delete, the predictions still wouldn't update according to my logged period. I finally decided to wait it out, figuring Fitbit would get the idea.

Nope! When that prediction was still wrong by the very last day, the app decided I was still just late, disregarded my logged period again, and predicted I would start my period the day after the original prediction, moving it another week forward. Now it thinks my cycle is like 60 days long instead of 27 or 28, which ruins every prediction massively.

Is this just going to happen forever? If I wait a few weeks, it can be logged and probably maybe hopefully accept the next period, but then isn't the app going to think I skipped one? That's not okay, especially when I logged it, and when I rely on this app's calculations heavily. Not only do I use it for period tracking, but fertility tracking as well. It's been great for nearly 5 years. Now I'm about to go download a totally new app because it's lost my trust and respect.

Please help me!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I finally got it working properly again after I cleared all data on the app, deleted it, and redownloaded. When I opened it again it hadn't logged that period yet, and allowed me to do so as usual, without breaking the world. The next period I had did exactly the same thing though, so it seems like periodically deleting and redownloading the app/clearing all app data and logging back in is the only way to do it for now when it goes haywire. I hope that helps you! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Yes it has just started happening to me and it's now getting so annoying..... So what is the solution...? 🤔

Huh anyone..? 

Best Answer

I finally got it working properly again after I cleared all data on the app, deleted it, and redownloaded. When I opened it again it hadn't logged that period yet, and allowed me to do so as usual, without breaking the world. The next period I had did exactly the same thing though, so it seems like periodically deleting and redownloading the app/clearing all app data and logging back in is the only way to do it for now when it goes haywire. I hope that helps you! 

Best Answer
Thank you so much…app the solution…will try it.

Sent from Mail for Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much! It worked for me. This issue was very annoying in the last 2 months 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!! This has been driving me absolutely crazy for months now! I hope they are able to come up with a solution to fix this issue because I really don't want to have to keep deleting and reinstalling this app every month. 

Best Answer
0 Votes