Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chronic illness and disability with readiness score

So I have chronic illnesses that sometimes mean I am unable to get out of bed for maybe a week or 2 a month due to pain and I spend most of my time sleeping, then up to a week to recover from the illness and then 1 week a month where I feel normal. The readiness score tells me I have an excellent score for exercising and should go all out on days where I can barely move because it can tell I have been resting. Then on days where I have energy it tells me to take it easy. My life isn’t steady and when it tells me my readiness is excellent it makes me feel like a failure for something I can’t control. It would be nice to be able to put in injury, disability or illness symptoms or something for it to take into account ones readiness score based on individual circumstances. 
I know I could just ignore it but it’s just another way Fitbit discriminates against less able people. 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I totally get you.  I have a similar issue, without the bedbound part, I just can't walk in a straight line without assistance from a wall, brain fog, lack of balance, etc, so exercise is out of the question because I can barely stand up and have to order dinner because I could kill myself cooking.  Sometimes after work, I don't have the mental capacity to do anything else, I can go to karate just to do some exercise but be utterly useless and do everything wrong, physically my body is there but my mind is not, or the other way round, but until I get there I've no idea which, or what the fall out of going will be over the next week or 3.

It's fairly random (obviously there are some triggers) and the severity is completely unpredictable.

It would be very nice if fitbit let US decide when we're on rest days, and when we feel we can do mild or exhaustive exercise... it's a shame it doesn't learn this pattern.

Best Answer

I know what you mean. I myself suffer from many internal illnesses that keep me from living my life in peace. Sometimes there is a period when I feel better. Sometimes it's the other way around and it gets to the point where I just sleep or lie in bed. The main thing is to heal and have faith that we will all feel better in the future. When I was in San Francisco I was referred to Dr. Lindsay Clark who had a lot of experience and said she could help me. And strangely enough I believe it.

Best Answer
0 Votes