Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come Say Hi & Introduce Yourself!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, Fitbit Community! 

Welcome if you're a new member, & welcome back if you've been here awhile. 🙂

I thought I would start a new Introduce yourself thread, since it's nice to keep questions fresh and fun. 

Please give these questions a try to introduce yourself! 

• Name:
  • Country you live in:
  • What is your favorite Fitbit feature?(heart rate, daily readiness score, sleep tracking)
  • How do you like to get fit? (walking, yoga, strength training)
  • Spring is here! How is the weather where you live today?

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59

Hello, My name is Debbie, living in a boarder city between Canada and USA. I am new to Fitbit and just recently purchased the Versa 3.  Looking forward to all it has to offer.  It is overwhelming all the great features but am slowly incorporating into my daily regime. My favorite features so far are the daily steps, including the 250 steps per hour, (this gets me up from my desk at work), calories burned while exercising, logging my water intake.  Challenges are the logging of food, so if there are any tips, please pass this way.  Forms of exercise to get fit include walking any time of year and with the temps warming up, will be out even more, biking-we have a great trail here 24k and I bike when at the cottage and I also enjoy diff workouts whether it be circuit training or step class.  My goal is to be healthier all around, need to loose the Covid weight 😉  Enjoy your day!

Best Answer

Welcome!@4DB

So nice to hear from you. I agree that reminders to move are a great feature. Keep exploring everything your Versa 3 has to offer and if you ever have questions, this community is definitely the place to come to! 

Here are my responses:

• Name: My name is Alessandra, but I go by Aless for short. 😉
  • Country you live in: San Francisco, CA, USA 
  • What is your favorite Fitbit feature? I'm enjoying snore detection. I've always wondered if I snore at night! 
  • How do you like to get fit? Right now I'm strength training at the gym. I've never lifted heavy weights so it's been fun and challenging for me. 
  • Spring is here! How is the weather where you live today? We had Spring showers this week, but today is a nice sunny day. 😎

Now, who's next??

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi,

Im a previous Fitbit user that has returned after trying other brands for a couple of years but been missing the community features of Fitbit that always kept me motivated.

Name: Gavin

What is your favorite Fitbit feature: Community, it hleps keep me motivated

How do you like to get fit: Walking, Strengh Training ,  Occassionally Cycling or Running

Spring is here! How is the weather where you live today: Had showers over the last couple of days but a lovely sunny day today, hoping for similar weather over the weekend 😄

Best Answer

Welcome back, @SunsetRunner !! Thanks for stopping by to say hello and introduce yourself. 

I love hearing that you're such a fan of the Fitbit Community. It's so important to connect with others that have similar interests to reach your goals. I recently joined a girl's hiking group and try going on a hike with them once a month. I wish I would have done it sooner, since it's really helping me reach my goal to be outdoors more this year. 

Best Answer

Hello! My name is Sarah. I've had my Fitbit for a while but want to get more involved with the community!

• Country you live in: USA - Seattle, WA
  • What is your favorite Fitbit feature? track your exercise (automatic)
  • How do you like to get fit? dance/exercise classes
  • Spring is here! How is the weather where you live today? 47* F and cloudy
Best Answer

My name is Mike, and I'm an alcoh . . . - wait wrong place.  try again

My name is Mike - I've had a fitbit for 4 years, and pebble for several years before that (I got my first Pebble for Christmas 2013)

• Country you live in: USA - Dayton, OH
  • What is your favorite Fitbit feature? - I like the smartwatch features - connecting to my android phone and getting notifications
  • How do you like to get fit? I walk my two 65 lb pit bulls (mix) everyday I can for 45-60 minutes. 
  • Spring is here! How is the weather where you live today?  Weather here is 69 F and partly cloudy - a beautiful spring day.

I'm just curious how many other former pebble people are on here.  First they discontinued support for the Pebble, so I bought and Ionic - and now that has been recalled so I just ordered the new Sense - we'll have to see how well it works.

Best Answer

I am trying this again! I am in remission from late stage neurological lyme disease. I am looking for friends in Monterey County, CA but also anywhere. This is going to be very difficult for me to get going again. I get overloaded very easily. I will probably piss and moan a lot but to be fair it almost killed me; yet, here I am. I once lost 248 lbs. Gained 100 after lyme. It is heartbreaking to say the least. So, I am here it is a start.

Just published my first few songs! WOOT!Find Your Way, Stand By You, Holy Lover. One more is in the works.Nicolenya Caltman
Best Answer

A very good morning to all.  I have actually had a fitbit for a few years but have only started to use it properly to track and motivate how I do things.  I've also never really got involved with the website or community feeds but wanted to say hi to everyone as I am hopefully now using my fitbit a lot more seriously than previously.  

Id love to meet some like minded people who want to set challenges and make the fitbit a bit more interactive - a bit of friendly competition cant be a bad thing can it!  

whats my name? : Mike

Feature : I like how it automatically picks up my exercise, even swimming!!

Getting fit : I have started to do HIIT sessions in a morning once I wake up and have been making sure I go for a walk at lunchtimes if I am working and the gym a couple of times a week for a run and a swim

Weather: Its England so one is never optimistic, but at the moment its nice, sunny and very spring-like 😉

Best Answer

• Name: Layla Whitworth
  • Country you live in: Central Minnesota, USA
  • What is your favorite Fitbit feature? heart rate and sleep tracking!
  • How do you like to get fit? elliptical, walking, HIIT 
  • Spring is here! How is the weather where you live today? Today it is rainy but it's warming up and feeling like spring!!

Best Answer

Hey there,

New member. Been a while (over a year now) since I've really taken my health seriously. My name is Dan and I'm a very busy business owner. Always on the go. I run an electric bike business so if anyone need some great deals on a E-bike let me know  ; ) . YES, you can totally get exercise on an E-bike by the way. Common myth. I reside in Orlando, FL and started getting back in they gym. Looking for like minded noobies like me to help keep each other motivated. In my early 40's. Off to a great start though. I'm a large guy about 6'5 270 lbs. Started hitting the gym last week and already down 6 lbs. Totally changed the way I eat and really starting to feel better. Much more energy now. Excited to see if/when I can hit my weight goal and keep it up. 

Best Answer
  • Name:  Sam
  • Country you live in:  Zijron Yaakov, Israel
  • What is your favorite Fitbit feature?:  heartbeat and sleep tracking
  • How do you like to get fit? walking and weight training
  • Spring is here! How is the weather where you live today?  unusually cold for this time of year, strange weather.
Best Answer

Hello! I am Lori. I live in the US. I am disabled, with a Degenerative Bone  Disease, but trying to get stronger and healthier. Swimming is my passion.

Best Answer

Hey nice job! Just started myself. It's a marathon, not a sprint remember that. Slow and steady. Awesome for you for trying. That's the hardest part. 

Best Answer

Good Morning everyone

1. Where in the world are you? Delaware
  2. What is your current health/fitness goal? Movement.  The past 2 years crept by and left me feeling exhausted, fatigued, and heavier.  This year I turned 39 and am dedicating it as the year of me & my goal is just to get out a move!  
  3. How do you like to stay fit? Yoga mornings & Hikes / Walks in the afternoon.  Starting from scratch. 
  4. What motivates you? Right now, me.  & hopefully the sunshine when it warms up. 😎
  5. Favorite guilty pleasure?  Chips and Guacamole.   
Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have a lot of calories left to be able to consume today, but I really am not hungry. I didn't do a ton of walking because of my chronic pain. I did crunches, I did a lot of toning exercises on the areas that are not hurting too badly. I don't know how to track that, though. Is that strength training? It won't take "crunches" in the exercise log. Any suggestions? I want to count it. Oh,and I learned about my sleeping. It turns out that I average 15x of restlessness. I think I need to take a non-narcotic pain med before bedtime from now on and see if that helps me sleep better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I deal with chronic pain and exercise can be challenging. I could use a friend or two to motivate me. I'm 56. disabled with chronic pain from fibromyalgia and severe osteoarthritis. I'm waiting on a surgery date for my first knee replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Name: Courtney

Country you live in: VT, USA

What is your favorite Fitbit feature?: i love the sleep tracking!

How do you like to get fit?: Walking and dancing

Spring is here! How is the weather where you live today?: It's still kind of cold, but warmer weather is right around the corner! Can't wait to get outside more and walk off the winter weight!

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the 1st time in my long life I joined a gym about 6 months ago and am still loving it. I have lived several places but am currently living in Greenacres, FL (yes, it is a real place) and belong to the nearby branch of the Crunch fitness centers.

I am a strong advocate of goal setting and believe that if you can't measure the progress made towards a goal then you need to redefine the goal. I bought a Fitbit Versa 2 about 1 month ago and have been using it ever since. I manage maximizing my cardio performance by managing heart rate. Additionally, I have a bit of a problem with exercise induced arrhythmias and the continuous heart rate monitor in the Fitbit which was a must have function when searching for a device is my favorite Fitbit function.

I was going to the gym about 5 days out of 7 which might have been overdoing it so now I alternate gym days with alternate days of only brisk walks. My favorite cardio machine at the gym is the elliptical but I sometimes overdid it hitting a heart rate of 160 with a normal resting heart rate of ~55 but the Fitbit helps me to keep the max heart rate to <130. I average about 350 zone minutes per week with some weeks > 600. I don't particularly like how Fitbit counts zone minutes and would prefer the heart rate reserve method. I know that I can set custom thresholds for the different heart rate zones but haven't had the time to research the topic to ensure that there aren't any unintended consequences. If anyone has experience with and suggestions regarding custom heart rate zones then please drop me a message.

Fair winds all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, My name is Juanita Country: USA, City: Philadelphia. I just started using the Fitbit February 2022. Favorite Fitbit features: daily step tracker, heart rate, water intake, sleep tracker and timer's. How do I like to stay fit: I like doing cardio exercises, using dumb bells, workout dvds , strength training, treadmill and exercise bikes. Hitting the gym is a plus. I like to stay moving as much as possible. Over all I'm a Type 1 Diabetic and Asthmatic. Becoming a healthier me will give me more time with my grandchildren and put most of the diabetes complications on the back burner. Nice meeting everyone. Weather : Still cold here in Philadelphia. 

Best Answer