Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chronic illness with fitbit

Does anyone else have a chronic illness? Question does not need an answer. I live with type one diabetes and I know people with lupas, cancer, you name it also use fitbit.

Why does fitbit not have option to check rest day for people like us who can't workout certain days due to -insert illness issues here- also just a rest day for when you're taking one from working out.

I was wondering if anyone felt the same? Maybe you also would like to be able to log when you have an issue that causes your calories to go over or your steps and azm to be under? It would be easy enough to place an option to put rest day for working out or rest day for illness/intake off for illness...

Am I alone on this?

Always look up, being thankful is easy 🙂
Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Dezzzzzz! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with this. 

I was trying to workout 4 or 5 times a week and was really motivated until April of 2020 when I found out I had 3 hernias in my lower back. I hurt my back during one of those workouts and was barely able to walk for months and had to completely give up the routine I had. 

I'm not able to lift weights anymore, but my Fitbit has allowed me to reach my step goal everyday and I've been increasing my goal every month, which is something that I didn't pay much attention to in the past. 😀

It would be great to have an option like the one you mentioned to check rest day. Make sure to post your idea here in the Feature Suggestion board so we can vote for it! 😀

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer