Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabled Group?

ANSWERED
I'm new to fitbit and disabled. I'm trying to do the best I can to be alittle healthier, but I feel rather left out as I cant seem to find any communities that fit my goals/needs. Is there anyway a new community can be started or any recommendation of where I might be able to find some understanding friends? Thanks.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SolusUmbra  I have to agree. It makes it difficult to have to add a friend and then add to the group.

Please go vote and comment here. Hopefully it will get changed at some point

Open Groups

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Hello,you are welcome to fitbit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SolusUmbra  You can start your own group in the app. Just select create Group then name it.

I would come back here and let people know the name and Im sure you will get others to join

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I started to start one, then it asked for me to create rules haha I panicked and closed the app. Going to have to put some thought into it, willing to take advice. 

Don’t make fun of people, don’t ask people their disabilities just limitations, be supportive? 

Best Answer

That sounds good to me. It can always be changed after if need be.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Ok all created but it says it’s closed so I’m not sure how people join. It’s called limited Mobility short  simple and to the point haha plus I’m not very creative 

Best Answer

is there a group for the disabled...and is there an app I can add for yoga...

Best Answer

Yes I’ve just created one, trying to figure out how to invite people. There is a yoga workout option available as I had asked about it as well. Just a second and I’ll post the instructions given to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mamaduck03  I moved your post to here. as @SolusUmbra  was going to set up a group. Im sure they will let you know the name when it is done.

As for Yoga it depends on the watch you are using. Most have an exercise function where you can add it to the list so it will show on the watch.

Go to settings on the  computer or phone and look for exercise shortcuts. You can only have 7 so you might need to remove one. Once its is changed the device needs to sync and then it will show on your device so you can scroll to it and use it.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

@SolusUmbra  Send them a friend request once they except you can add to the group.

So @mamaduck03  when you get the request approved it and you will be added!

Woo hoo! off to a good start for this group! Smiley Very Happy

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Here is the link to the post with the instructions I was given I hope it helps.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Inspire-Inspire-HR/Exercise-categories/m-p/3637643#M10138

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish there was an easier way for people to join then by adding as friends. 

Best Answer

@SolusUmbra  I have to agree. It makes it difficult to have to add a friend and then add to the group.

Please go vote and comment here. Hopefully it will get changed at some point

Open Groups

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hello @SolusUmbra 

I think it’s wonderful that you created a Disabled Group. You asked how to spread the word to others so they may join your group as well but having difficulty “Advertising” your group exist. I would suggest adding a post to varies groups already in the community like “Daily Activity’s, Walking, Mind & Body..etc. Post in those groups....Say something like this...Hello Everyone I’ve created a private group called “state the name of your group” and we are a group that encourages each other who have may have disabilities and want moral support. (It doesn’t have to be long)  Then ask if anyone would be interested in joining to say so under your post. Then you can look through the individuals who are interested and send them a friends request so you can invite them to your New Group. 
If I see your post I’ll certainly join myself 😉 I too am disabled (but very active) after 9 spinal surgeries including three fusions with rods and screws as well as deep focal seizures (epilepsy) and a brain tumor removed in May 2018. I’ve managed to hit 100,000 steps four times in the last year with encouragement and support of my Fitbit Friends so anything is possible. Happy Stepping and I hope to see your group posted soon. 😃

Best Answer

I could if I was I those groups. I had been in then when I first got

the Fitbit but it was to much for me to try to keep up on so i left it all. If I join again, post then leave I’m not sure if I’ll be able to see any of the comments that come up. But I guess I’ll give it a try 

Best Answer

I started one. Fitbit to healing. Send me a fr at Sheryl V on Fitbit or vesseyfamily on MFP or look for it on Facebook. It's new, we're just starting out and looking for new members. Spread the word. Hope to see you soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started one. Fitbit to healing

Available on Fitbit and also find it on Facebook too. Hope to see you soon. 

Sheryl V on Fitbit and vesseyfamily on MFP.

Best Answer

I think this group would be great as I just got a Fitbit and am trying my hardest to get some exercise but am disabled and it’s difficult. I can’t run, walk normal or bike so the activities listed are hard. I’d like to just increase my Walking more (even though a normal

person would think it’s low steps). I can’t seem to locate the group, how do I join? 

Best Answer

We have to become friends and then I can invite you in. I just can’t remember how create a friend. Haha  

Best Answer

Hi. I was wondering if you were able to set up a disabled community group for Fitbit users. I would be very interested in joining. 

Best Answer