Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Anxiety!

Hi everyone, 

This is my first post on here, but I just wanted to settle some first timer Fitbit nerves. (22F)

I’ve had my charge 3 for a little over a month now and have been trying to better myself during quarantine (I’ve quit smoking, energy drinks etc). At first my RHR was 62 and it’s increased over the past few days to 69. I’ve been doing 10-15 miles on my bike everyday and eating cleaner. I’ve lost weight during this time so I’m hoping I’m doing right by my body but my increased heart rate is making me a bit anxious (therefore making it higher at times!) am I overtraining? Or simply overthinking? 

Many thanks in advance!

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello and welcome to the forums @SunsetRunner and we're here to help you feel better! You seem to have done quite nicely with your lifestyle changes. I've heard smoking is a hard thing to quit, so be proud of your accomplishments. Doing a quick search, it seems during certain times of your female cycle, you can have a higher heart rate (average of 3.5 bpm, according to several articles) and the stress we're all feeling now is also a factor. Why not keep a chart and see if this might be the case, but to be on the safe side, get with your health care professional about this. They would know you and your usual health stats in order to advise you. 

You're young, in an unusual time and you're making some serious life changes, so you could be overthinking things. You're going forward and not looking back. You're awesome!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your response!

Great advice and points I hadn’t considered that I’ll definitely follow up on, thank you!

Best Answer

Hey there @SunsetRunner  congratulations on your accomplishments! I think if your HR jumped significantly in either direction there would be some concern, but the jump isn't huge and you are making a bunch of changes - great ones! Your body needs to adjust to this new thing it is doing. If you see really big spikes or you feel unwell- call your doctor right away. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner that's great that you are doing what you can to change you life.  Getting up and taking that first step is the hardest part.  

As far as heart rate - I personally think you should look at your weekly averages and hr during workouts and see how your body reacts.  

You'll see a trend with your averages - but varies based on types of workouts you are doing.  

If it increases or decreases significantly and you are not doing a workout - take a breath and see a doctor.  (such as if the heart rate shows you are doing a workout when you are not)

FYI - It can also be weather ( heart rate increases in the cold weather bc it needs to pump more blood to warm up your body & Low blood pressure lowers your heart rate - from personal experience)  

Best Answer