Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scales - do you engage with yours?

I am interested in how many folks in this group are actively engaged with their scales for purposes of weight loss, disease management, prevention or something else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

You mean like having long conversations with them?

Best Answer
Ha, not quite what I meant Bill but not sure that wouldn’t be a fun conversation to hear

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a scale that tells me a bunch of stuff but the manufacturer made it kinda difficult to use as you have to step on it a certain way to get the numbers so i stopped doing it. My body fat reading was depressing me anyways.

Best Answer
I appreciate your candor on what you are looking for. My initial question was based on my thought that many people stop stepping on the scale because they are fearful of what they will see.

It appears that you might be someone with specific interests around replacing fat with muscle or at minimum getting more than just your weight.

Full transparency is that I am consulting with this company; Shapa Health but interested in the psychology of the scale with those that have an active life.

No expectations but would welcome your checking out our site and commenting if you are interested.

Kyle
913-205-8162

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

I only WI once a week. Because weight fluctuates so much. Same day same time.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
That seems like a great idea. Do you do that in the morning once a week?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi @kmkauss 

I hop on the scale every morning as soon as I wake up.  I don't sweat small fluctuations from day to day. However, if I start seeing a pattern of my weight/body fat going in the wrong direction, I know I need to assess and re-adjust. 

Best Answer
Thank You, that is a very disciplined approach and seemingly important that you don’t get too excited or disappointed but one mornings big loss or gain since we do know that weight fluctuations at point in time can be deceiving.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

I also WI fist thing in the morning as soon as I wake up.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

The scale was definitely a very important tool for me, I know they say we're not supposed to weight in every single day, so I did it every 3 or 4 days, but this really helped me stay motivated, because I knew I was working hard to reach my weight goal.

So yes, I've always been very engaged with the scale, but as any other tool, there's gotta be a balance in how we use it, if we use it every single day and we don't see any progress we can easily feel unmotivated to continue our journey, but the important thing is precisely to continue and not give up. 😁

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
Nice process that has perfect accountability for you. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think everyone is different. You need to do what works for you. If its weighing everyday then do so.

Its all in what works best for you

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Every day, and watch the trend.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

That's true! There are many ways to approach weight management, in the end you have to do what works best for you, as @WendyB mentioned. 

I used to watch lots of youtube videos about this, and it's very useful to see what others are doing, but I tried to gather the best ideas from other people and finally found a routine what suited me perfectly.  

Best Answer

I step on the scales every morning.

It's more habit now as I don't actually check to see the weight on the scale or in the app.

My current focus is working on my eating habits (less junk and more home cooked meals for instance) and being active. Once these 2 come a bit more naturally I may pay more attention to the scales.

In saying that though, I have noticed some weeks where I have gained a little weight, but lost cms/inches so I take that into considering when I do come around to looking at the weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent, that's a great advise @TessCu, changing our eating habits with less junk and more home cooked meals. This can definitely be of great help to reach out fitness goals sooner. 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

I decided not to use the scales but to judge my weight loss by my clothes and how they fit. Previously, I used to weigh myself every day and became obsessed. I prefer not to weigh myself for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes