Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low heart rate

Hi,

Just wondering if my BPM should be considered too low? Currently at 49bpm. Went up to 57bpm over Christmas and New Year when I was off work and had a few days hardly moving and eating unhealthier stuff. 

872C6465-F9CF-4E62-AD77-796CB07F7EEE.png

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I see you are averaging over 17 K steps a day.  Unless you have a reason to think otherwise, I expect it is just reflecting you being in good shape.  But I'm no doctor or expert at all so don't necessarily just take my word for it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi Johnny,

Thanks. I just wasn't sure as a quick Google search makes you think it should be at least 60.

Best Answer

Thank for for sharing this post @DanGilbert

I had a similar situation a while ago, but my resting heart was low only for a few days. I read online that a normal resting heart rate range is between 60 and 100 bpm. If you continue to see a low resting heart rate or if you notice the heart rate is lower than what you've normally seen, make sure to check with your doctor. 😁

Keep us posted! 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would say, if you are active and feel well, don't worry about it.  I have had numerous medical professionals express concern about my low heart rate my whole life, and by that I mean starting way back in the 1970s.  I've been wearing a Fitbit with HR tracking for nearly five years now and have noticed a direct correlation between my fitness and overall health, and my RHR.

The following graph shows when I'm in peak conditioning:

Jul2016-Jan2017.png

The following graph charts last year which begins about eight months after a broken leg and right bang on when I caught COVID-19 through mid-January when I was finally starting to run again after being unable to run for nearly five years:

Jul2020-Jan2021.png

And finally, my last three months where my running is gradually ramping up:

20201122-20210213.png

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing your experience with this @shipo😁 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes