Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not the Same person

I have been working on my fitness journey (transforming inside and out) and have been very successful with it. But then the end of July my son, husband and I all caught Covid. My husband got it the worse, ending up in the hospital with Covid related pneumonia. My mind went to a negative place wondering if he would make it back out. Before he went in the hospital and after he came out, I made sure I was taking care of him and my son. Making sure they had everything they needed or wanted. That is the only thing I focused on. I put my at home business on back burner, along with my fitness journey. I don't feel like the same person I was prior to Covid. Something changed inside of me. And I am honestly having a hard time finding her and getting and staying on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Oh @BettyI That sounds so hard. You turned you attention on other people and now it is hard to think about you. I'd suggest you start doing small things for yourself, rather than trying to go straight back to how you were before covid. Pick an activity you enjoy and put a few minutes aside for it a couple of times a week and build up from there. Good luck

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

So sorry for what you went through it had to be terrifying.  I can see how it will change you forever.  Glad to hear he is recovered.   YOU TIME has to be #1,  when on an airplane they tell the parent to put on their mask before putting one on their child.   Our first instinct would be to take care of them first.  But you can better take care of them when you take care of you!  Look at it in the frame of mind that your family benefits from a strong and healthy you,  and work towards that,

good luck

Best Answer