Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently had a heart attack

I ended up in the ER a week ago Tomorrow. I had Covid in July and had been having tightness and pain in my chest when I laid down. Started when I was sick and continued after. It all can't be blamed on getting sick though. I had started getting somewhat healthier in March when I had my A1C checked and it was 13. Doc put me on new meds and had me come back every couple of weeks. My most recent A1C was 7.6. I had 3 major arteries blocked. They were only able to fix the one with a stent. They called that one the widow maker. The other 2 couldn't be fixed and are going to be treated with new meds, change in my diet and exercise. The heart attack has made me weak and tired but I started 2 days ago trying to walk a little. 5 or 6 minutes in the carport at night after it has cooled off. I obviously wanna build up to walking more but I'm scared to over do it right now. Normally you wanna walk fast enough and long enough to get your heart rate to go up but I'm not doing that for a while. 500 - 600 steps for a few days and then build up.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @BamaDan 

Thank you for sharing your story. I take it that you are working with your doctor/cardiologist about slowly building back up to walking as that is very important especially after what you just went through. 

Please keep us posted on your status and recovery. Sending you lots of healing vibes. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BamaDan   I'm going to be more blunt.  Everyone I know that had a heart attack or stents put in their arteries did a specific, monitored cardiac rehab program.  This included specific guidance for activity at home.  We want you to make progress, but I don't understand why you aren't in a rehab program.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My cardiologist did say insurance would pay for a cardiac rehab program that included walking in a pool among other things. The problem is I don't have insurance.

Best Answer
0 Votes