• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620
I plan to reward myself when I hit my 30 pound weight loss goal by going to nyc and see how many buildings i can go up the stairs in.
Best Answer
@Leau That is a great idea! I "rewarded" myself with workout wear about
the 35 lb mark because everything I had was falling off me. I sew and
didn't want to put the effort into making a new wardrobe at this point, as
I have another about 35 to go. When I get within 5 lbs, THEN I will start
in earnest on a new wardrobe. At the projected rate that Fitbit gives me
based on my calorie deficit, that means I can have a new wardrobe for
Christmas!! How fun will that be?? I have to say that the projections are
pretty spot on and I try very hard to stay within them. I'm already
planning what I want for a new look!
Currently Blaze plus Alta as back up which is THE perfect combo! One
Best Answer
I bought a blaze with a rose gold milanese loop band. Works well in formal situations!
Best Answer
Jumping Jacks when snow is bad helps me. I might not get the step goal, but i get the calorie burn and heart rate up.
Best Answer
Does not count downward at all, only up, and you have to go up 10 feet for it to register a flight.
Best Answer

Let's see...there is the Empire State Building, and the Statue of Liberty...that'll get you warmed up. Then, go to Washington, D.C., and climb the Washington Monument...  Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Yes! You get it!
Best Answer

You know you are addicted when half way down the staircase you realize you forgot something but still go all the way down before heading back, to get the staircase count up!

Best Answer
Yes...and almost 2 years later the addiction continues...my Fitbit was THE
best "fitness" product I have EVER purchased...just love it and can't
imagine life without it!
Best Answer
You know you're a Fitbit addict when...

When your husband tells you that we haven't had hot water for two days, you didn't even notice because you only take cold or lukewarm showers because you're always outside being active.
Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

@Heather-S, hey! hahaha I feel you on this one! Haven't had hot water for a month now. Feels so good when you are hot and sweating from the workout! They say is even healthier than hot water.

Keep up the hard work! Cat Tongue

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

haha, #2 couldnt be more truer xD

I have a couple:

• After 12 AM, you get extra steps to get a "headstart"
  • You get annoyed at the fact that when you are biking, it doesn't count steps so you lace it up on your ankle

Best Answer

You know you are addicted when.... I wake up in the morning and look at my surge to see how much sleep I have logged in and if I dont have enough I go back to sleep. If I jog in place at night next to the bed if i realize then that I dont have enough steps in. My husband is watching me fall into this addiction and laughing!

Best Answer

I've had my Fitbit Alta for about three weeks. I check my steps numerous times, sync with the app several times a day, wait for the "fireworks" when I reach my goal, and get up from whatever I'm doing to try to get in those 250 steps/hr. New motivation for me and much easier to use than my original Fitbit One.

Best Answer

Oh, I have paced my apartment to get extra steps before going to bed. I'd gotten well over 10,000 steps, but I wanted to hit five miles for the first time, so I walked around my (small) apartment to get to that figure. I find excuses to get up and walk around my office to hit my 250 steps an hour.

That's not going to happen today; you can't exercise after donating blood.

Best Answer

You design your new home to have a back hall so you can walk around the center stairs at night when you haven't made your steps during the day.

This is the best most positive group! Love you all!

Best Answer
Awesome!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Donna 🙂
Best Answer

You know you are a Fitbit addict when you really suffer when your charging cable have been lost. Smiley Sad I need a new charging cable. It really affects me! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
and you know you're an addict when you buy a spare like I did, before even needing it.  Is the only way to reply through email?  Cant see where to post or reply other than this way.  Traveling for 6 weeks so on my cell, but signed in fine

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Donna 🙂
Best Answer

FitBit-Cartoon-1.jpg

Best Answer