• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620

omg.  I'm so impressed.  I'm pushing to get to the 10000...lol.  good for you...nice!

Best Answer

Ah, you're so right. I love taking it EVERYWHERE. I'm getting the point where I don't mind having it on sedentarily, but I will time when I'm doing a more intensive activity so I can log that later.

Best Answer

157 days is 157 more than most people in this world! Keep it up! 

Best Answer

HAHAHAHA!! Me too. I am working more steps into my day. I take the stairs and boy let me tell you...those things kick my butt...LITERALLY!

@Collin1000 wrote:

"the first thing you check when going out is if you have your fitbit - before phone or purse."

^I've added my FitBit to the "pocket pat" when I'm feeling for my keys/phone/wallet. 

Being a good steward to this world means loving all your neighbors, not just ones you think have comprehension.
Best Answer
I do all of that too!
Best Answer

...and you seek a penance for your deep guilt when you work out really hard and find out you forgot to put on your Fibit. Oh, the agony of not tracking your steps and intensity.

Best Answer

@DarleneJA  That is a sad story. I know the feeling. I bet you don't let that happen again.

We may be addicts, but we never allow the sin of forgetting our FitBit to happen more than once!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
List!
Do I have my Fitbit = Check
Do I have my Keys = Check
Do I have my IPhone= Check. Keep laughing, thank goodness I don't have yo check children....lolol

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I have been there....walked the length of the Boardwalk without my Fitbit, fighting back a (1) Tear.
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

...and worse?  I wear my Fitbit One on my bra strap and realize I have no shame in looking inside my blouse to check on my steps, calories burned, etc.  Shameless.

Best Answer

I love this thread!

Walking more, feeling better and hopelessly addicted!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

It's absolutely crazy how quickly you get addicted!! I got my flex for my birthday on April 19th and have been going for walks everyday every since! And yes, in the rain sometimes too. Today I pushed myself and did a 6 mile walk and I was already looking what route I was going to explore tomorrow 🙂 Want to see those stats turn GREEN!!

Best Answer

I have been taking the stairs up to my floor at work, walking to my buidling instead of taking the shuttle, and everytime I go to the bathroom I take a lap around the whole floor on the outer ring that surrounds it. My goal today is to hit 10K for the first time.

Those stairs.....are kicking my butt. By the time I reach my floor (5th) my legs are ready to give out. So now I do a lap around the 3rd floor to give my legs a "working break" before I finish up the stairs. On a side note....I need some walking shoes for work and found some amazing, comfy, and business casual shoes on Zappos. I love them to death and now I can get more steps in without my back and feet aching.

Being a good steward to this world means loving all your neighbors, not just ones you think have comprehension.
Best Answer

You know tou are a fitbit addict when the first thing you think of when you step out of the shower is putting your underwear on so that you can clip yourFitbit One onto something. I dont even move my feet from the mat before I do this because I dont want to miss a step!

Best Answer

I do take my shower without the Fitbit and usually walk around the apt right afterwards without wearing it.

My job assures me 98% of the time I will walk up 4 miles or a minimum of 3.5 miles.

SO.. after work or before work I go out and take the 5 mile walk just to feel the 15,000 step buzz.

Nailed IT! #addicted

MissesFishes
Best Answer
I will remember that one when I use my clip on! Lololol

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Yep! I too minimize my movement without my FitBit! I'm not yet walking as much as you all inspire me to. Thanks .
Women lead by encouraging. This group is ENCOURAGINGING!
Note the "courage" as the root. We root for one another.
Best Answer