• You sit down when recharging as you don't want to 'waste' any steps
  • You park further away from the shops to gain extra steps

Moderator edit: format

~ Vicki ~
Fitbit One.
Melbourne, Australia
Best Answer
1,620 REPLIES 1,620

Just be careful on escalator because by walking up escalator, it artificially inflates your flights of stair count.

Best Answer

You realize at 11:45pm you haven't reached your goals so you  A- Literally run around the block or B- Run up and down the stairs as many times as it takes to reach your goals.  Both while in your pajamas. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

love it!

MissesFishes
Best Answer

I work where there are escalators and I always walk them.. I hate when I get behind a rider..LOL.. They make me think how many steps I'm missing and how lazy they are. OMG.. I just said that!  

MissesFishes
Best Answer

You know you're a Fitbit addict when......

......you have a nightmare where you lose your Flex band and have no idea when it vanished!

Considering I rarely have bad dreams, having this one was not a pleasant experience.

My band is secure, on my wrist, syncing and the lights are working, All is right in the world.

Whew!!!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I jog in place while washing my hands in the bathroom or filing stuff in our filing room!

Best Answer

how about when you are late for work because you will not leave home without it

Best Answer

You know when you are addicted when you complete a long walk and discover that you left your Fitbit home and your first thought is that you lost a lot of steps.

You stop walking stairs two at a time because you are cheating yourself out of some good steps.

You quote your step count and distance traveled to your spouse before indicating whether or not you had a good time.

Best Answer

You get out of bed

Start to walk to the bathroom

Stop dead in tracks realizing it isn't on you

Waking up your wife to have her grab it off the dresser and throw it to you

You can NOT lose valuable steps.

Best Answer

@madmaxxmad  Your wife is most understanding. Does she also have a FitBit?

Best Answer

....when you ask the guy at Costco to show you the Flex FitBits and then convince him to buy one for himself so he can take advantage of the many features it has.

....when you look at wrists to see what people are wearing and only notice if it's the Flex.

Best Answer

for shore!

Best Answer
Priceless!!! My wife does all of these things and worse.
Best Answer

You find yourself jogging in place in front of the microwave so you can get extra steps in.

George
Best Answer

I car pool in the morning and I get to the parking lot early just to get extra steps in! I can get a mile in just walking around the parking lot!

Best Answer

Haha, so funny!

I am at work with only one patient tonight until 11 pm and I am pacing the hallway to ensure I meet my goal of 10,000 steps. Also, do the same at home before going to bed. My daughter laughs at me all the time. Oh and I even move more when I am at church as services could last for about a good 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

Ronnie

Best Answer

Hi. My name is Linda nd I am a FITBIT addict!    And very proud to admit it!  Vick1  what you wrote, so much fits me perfect!  I do all 3 of those you listed.  I also run in place if I have to!    I use the ladies room on the other side of the building at work to get more steps too.   I split my lunch or use my whole lunch walking laps around our building (outside) at work.     I love the competition with my friends--keeps me "stepping"!

Best Answer
Driving home from an event at 10pm. Realive Im .35miles from hitting 10 miles for the first time. I wake my kids up in the backseat and tell them we need to run into the grocery store. Once I hit my mark, we leave with a few apples 🙂

I also have one new in box and on hand just in case the one on my wrist should break.

Yup. I'm crazy addicted!!
Best Answer

You know you're a fitbit flex addict, when you:

* wake up in the morning and run to the computer to check your sleep efficiency.

* park in the farthest back corner of parking lots to get the extra steps

* Take a long walk with your 8 year old and send her to the shower for the evening. While she's in the shower, you log on again to find you are at 97% of calories burned and a 1/2 away from hitting 10K steps so you run around the kitchen while she showers and drag her back out to run the "small block"  one more time so you can see smiley faces Smiley Very Happybefore you go to bed!

Best Answer

For me as a Flex user:

1) Formulating ways to add extra steps when going from the bed to the bathroom (true story)

2) Taking a long walk while at work (between buildings for example) and first thing you do is check your lights

3) It's 1pm, you are still at 3 lights, and you wonder how bad it will be to walk/run home on the highway

4) While doing non distance exercising (training for example) and wondering if the flex will count those 50 jumping jacks or 25 push ups (because dammit, they were tough!)

5) You take into consideration your using of the hands when talking into account when it comes to step counts

And finially - when you do this to your Flex:

There are 4 lights!

My Story: http://tinyurl.com/nw93fqq

Friend away - let's keep that motivation!
Best Answer