Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 digit code won't appear on One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! 

I received a new One a few days ago as the battery on my previous One was slowly dying a painful death. 

I've removed the old One from my Fitbit app (Android phone) and have attempted (many times!!) to connect my new One. However my phone/app can't find it?! I have closed down the app and reopened, I have put the One in the charger in the Mac, restarted it etc. 

What do I do now?! 

Help much appreciated! X 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @VBrittain,

Welcome to the community!

How far away is your old Fitbit One to your phone?  If it's within 50 feet or so, then there's a very good chance that your phone is finding your old One (you'll see the four digit code on your old one).  Try this...  take your phone and your (new) Fitbit One somewhere far away from other devices (perhaps the local stair case), then try again.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to reply. 

It was picking up the old One, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with my phone. I then turned the old One off (therefore no longer picking it up) but it still won't pick up the new One? 

Unfortunately, still stuck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VBrittain,

It may still be picking another Fitbit One.  Fitbit trackers use bluetooth LE to sync, this has a range of about 30-40 feet... possibly more depending on your surroundings.

If you have a spouse, parent, child, sibiling, roommate, or neighbor with a Fitbit within range it may be picking up theirs.  This is the reason why I had suggested going to a stair case, it's more likely to be far away from other trackers and other devices (computers running Fitbit Connect) that may interfere with your pairing process.

If your Fitbit App gets as far as prompting you for the four digit code and you don't see it on your tracker, it's almost definitely picking up someone else's Fitbit One.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I don't think I explained very well.. It doesn't pick up any fitbits now! 

The boxes for the 4 digits don't appear as I can't reach any devices? 

I've reset bluetooth, reset the app, reset the One and it still doesn't pick it up. 

My husband tried and the One doesn't appear on his app either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VBrittain,

Hmm...  So I'd try a couple of things (possibly again, but hopefully this time it'll work):

• Remove the bluetooth pairing of your older Fitbit One from your phone bluetooth settings.
  • Restart your phone.
  • Restart your Fitbit One, only hold the button for closer to 20 seconds.  Make sure that when you press the button to start it again, you see the 'FITBIT 6.60' firmware message, otherwise you did not go long enough.

Hopefully this will get you paired up.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you can not do anything, request a new fitbit one from Fitbit.

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you both. 

I emailed fitbit also and had similar advice.. I've restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarted bluetooth, restarted the One again and still no joy. 

I'm waiting on a second reply at the moment! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry that I could not help you

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer
0 Votes