Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone able to update their firmware?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My “one” firmware is at 6.0, and the ios Fitbit software won’t complete an update. There is  “update firmware” message whenever the Fitbit app syncs. Annoying. I’ve shut down and restarted both iPhone and the “one” many times.  I like the one, since I wear an Apple Watch, 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @RChobby  the Fitbit One was retired about six years ago. Typically Fitbit doesn't update firmware past two years beyond it being discontinued. To be sure, you can always get with customer support. Since the One was discontinued, this area of the forum isn't moderated. Support would be your best chance of getting the answers you need. Let us know what you find out.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t mind lack of support. What I mind is  software that requests Every Single Time to update, and then not allow. Annoying. I have a versa 2, and several blaze. But the versa and blaze do not track correctly when worn in a pocket. 

Best Answer

Agree that it's annoying to be told to update firmware and when you try it doesn't work. I thought it if I migrated to Google things woul be better. Not so. 

Best Answer

I’m in the same boat & haven’t gotten anywhere with it. Why bother with the message if it can’t run the update.  I’ve gone back to using mine as I can’t wear anything on my wrist just now.  How I wish they hadn’t ditched the option of clip-ons.

Best Answer

If anyone figures out a workaround for this update failure, I will send you a free fitbit one with a brand new battery as a thank you.  I'll even go beyond that.   

I replace the batteries, but I have not figured out how to update the 6.46 firmware.  Now, as of July 2023, the 6.60's won't update either! I never had problems updating the 6.60's with any device until July.  This happened all of a sudden, leading me to believe it's something fitbit/google changed on their end.   

The answer may lie in the device you use to update the firmware from.  I have tried using a pixel 3A, pixel 7, several iphones, including an iphone 8 and 14...to no avail. Trying on a computer is no longer an option.  I read somewhere that someone had success on a Galaxy tab 3 Pro, updatiting a fitbit flex that was unupdatable before trying the tablet.  Perhaps a clue?

Best Answer

I went over to google and now can’t see my friends, and can’t switch back. I loved my Fitbit one and have had FitBits since the original clip on one. Really disappointed 

Best Answer