Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back Fitbit One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wrist trackers are not for everyone.   Jonathan Oakes, please bring back the ONE in an updated version.

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

Williger -

I wish I had seen your post earlier. I bought a replacement for my still working One, but paid closer to $90.  Have you any suggestions I might share with other One devotees for where to look into purchases of used Ones?

Best Answer

Wendy -

The One can be adjusted for left hand, or right hand operation. It doesn't look like the Inspire would do that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

perky819 -

I feel that One owners may have to accept that the company will not listen to us. It may be legal situations that we don't know about, patents, etc. There are quite a number of reasons for the clip on capability of the One. It isn't that they won't listen, it is corporate that has firmly made up it's mind that this is the way to go. And, FWIW, the "Inspire" doesn't.

Best Answer
Sorry, I don’t.

Live well, laugh often, love much!
Best Answer

What does FWIW mean?

Best Answer
0 Votes

For What It's Worth

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnnCon Hi Johnn. If the company isn't supporting these units, we've gotta support each other in this sub-community of One fanatics! 🙂 

$90 isn't terrible in the grand scheme of things, though I'm seeing used and refurbished models now on Mercari and eBay ranging between $20 (sold this week it seems, see attached) and $40 (currently on eBay, and buyer accepts negotiations). Each includes free shipping. Not too shabby! For batteries, they average $10-12 on eBay and AliExpress. If you have your old One, it might be worth refurbishing it yourself to have for a backup or to share with a friend!

I recommend tweaking your search terms on eBay, for instance, geography, shipping, features, etc., narrow down what you want, subtract "for parts" and accessories, then put in the price you want to pay and click "save this search", this way if there isn't something the moment you're looking, you'll get an email when something new is added.

You may notice the typo in the eBay listing. Use typo searches to your advantage, for some examples (fitbit, itbit, ftbit, fibit, fitit, fitbt, fitbi, iftbit, ftibit, fibtit, fitibt, fitbti, ffitbit, fiitbit, fittbit, fitbbit, fitbiit, fitbitt, gitbit, gfitbit, fotbit, foitbit, fiybit, fiytbit, fitnit, fitnbit, fitbot, fitboit, fitbiy, fitbiyt, ditbit, dfitbit, futbit, fuitbit, firbit, firtbit, fitvit, fitvbit, fitbut, fitbuit, fitbir, fitbirt, vitbit, vfitbit, fktbit, fkitbit, figbit, figtbit, fitgit, fitgbit, fitbkt, fitbkit, fitbig, fitbigt, ritbit, rfitbit, citbit, cfitbit, fjtbit, fjitbit, fifbit, fiftbit, fithit, fithbit, fitbjt, fitbjit, fitbif, fitbift, one, oe, on, noe, oen, oone, onne, onee, pne, pone, ome, omne, onr, onre, ine, ione, obe, obne, onw, onwe, lne, lone, ohe, ohne, ond, onde, kne, kone, oje, ojne, ons, onse) and oftentimes score bargains you wouldn't otherwise 😉 

A couple of other eBay shopping tips:

• Click "accepts offers" when narrowing down searches. Be reasonable, but you can negotiate. If they're offering, why not? 🤫
  • If an auction, consider using a snipe tool like esnipe.com to avoid the psychological component of "no it's mine" end bidders 🧐

Hope this helps! Darren

Mercari listing sold recently $20Mercari listing sold recently $20
    fitbitoneebay.jpg
    "Don't let people see when you're mad - just smile and laugh". Astro
Best Answer

Im sorry but i really do not what this proves

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I have a One in the  Original box never touched. I'm going  to keep it-

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Wendy -

It probably doesn't mean anything with the exception that once the company had put into the programming of the One the capability for those wearing on a clip to be able to view the readout as a lefty or as a righty. So for those clip wearers, say women clipping to their bra, they can adjust the display for easier reading, left or right. The display for the "Inspire" looks as if the wearer needs to adjust their view to the device, not the other way around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you have a One original in the box you may find that the battery, over
time, will have lost it's initial trickle when it left the factory and
might, MIGHT, be as dead as a door nail.

Here's hoping it isn't.

--

John Concannon

"I live to laugh, and I laugh to live." Milton Berle
"the most wasted of all days is the one without laughter" ee cummings
Best Answer
0 Votes

Correct. If a LiPo battery sits unused, especially if it's not charged to the proper voltage, it can actually discharge itself. If it drops to a really low level, (below 3V/cell) the chargers can't even charge it. This is why many people purchasing "new" (new "old" stock) are complaining about their battery not working.

Supporting my statement, from How Stuff WorksIf the voltage of a lithium-ion cell drops below a certain level, it's ruined. They only last two to three years, even if they are sitting on a shelf unused. So do not "avoid using" the battery with the thought that the battery pack will last five years. You can find many good guides online detailing how LiPo batteries work as well as how to maximize their life, a couple I found useful: The Drone Girl and Roger's Hobby Center 😉 #KeepSmilingKeepStepping Cheers!

Best Answer

Adding my vote for bringing back One.
Stair counting, clip (not wrist), great battery life = the best tracker -- please bring it back!

Best Answer
tuulikki -

I'm with you, we do have a voice.

Does "the company" have the intestinal fortitude to hear us and either give
us what we are asking for, or the real rea$on why the One won't be back?

--

John Concannon

"I live to laugh, and I laugh to live." Milton Berle
"the most wasted of all days is the one without laughter" ee cummings
Best Answer
0 Votes