Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back the Fitbit One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit seems to think we want a watch when all I want is the old Fitbit one back. Then I can have my Apple Watch and Fitbit and I don’t have to wear the watch all the time and I still can track my steps.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Please look at the inspire with a clip. Its like the one

Inspire

Clip

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

no, no it's not the same. the clip is bulky. it does not track the same (from what I see online). 

if I could give you 100 votes, I would! there is a reason these are going for $200+ on ebay for new fitbit ones. I wish fitbit would see that. not everyone wants something on their wrist - and, no, the inspire isn't the same. it is not nearly as nice as the one 

JuanJoFitbit_0-1629745762446.png

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

My last Fitbit One did not survive going through the washer & dryer (although it is immaculate). So you're not selling them anymore? Amazon has them but for $300??? Ugh. Wish I actually liked any of the "new, improved" Fitbit products. I WANT MY ONE BACK.

Best Answer

@rowantha it's just supply and demand; there's no more supply, so people with "new/old stock" are demanding a premium on eBay. I've seen them as low as $20 working on Mercari, and aftermarket batteries are only $10 on eBay or Aliexpress. Good luck!

Best Answer

@Maenad the closest to the one is the inspire non-hr with a clip, under $100 total for a new inspire with a warranty, otherwise you're buying new/old stock. alternately, you can get more life out of an old one with a replacement battery, though no telling if the internal circuitry in yours is fried from going through a washer and dryer. you can also use mobile sync: http://fitbit.com/devices

Best Answer

@flanman it doesn't appear they're bringing back the one. you can try replacing the battery with an aftermarket one (what I did, and love it), otherwise, the closest replacement is the inspire non-hr with a clip. if you carry a mobile phone, you can also use mobile sync http://fitbit.com/devices cheers!

Best Answer

We have been fighting this battle for quite some time now.   I just lost my One (two hours ago) and feel lost without it.  Started with the Ultra and replaced it with the One which I loved, bought as gifts and told many people about it.  But, I will not be buying an inferior product of theirs that cannot be clipped on and cannot do stairs.  BYE, BYE Fitbit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

@AuntieS Stating it's an 'inferior product' merely supports the companies choice to focus on their newer trackers. If you're looking to communicate your discontent with Fitbit, I'd suggest contacting them via https://contact.fitbit.com. This community group isn't actively monitored by Fitbit, it's comprised of users, so you're griping to fellow lovers of the One. It's unfortunate you lost your tracker, you can either purchase a new tracker or try MobileSync: http://fitbit.com/devices 

Best Answer
0 Votes
.@williger I have contacted Fitbit on numerous occasions. Have also
emailed the CEO and other top executives. Yes, I am aware that this is a
communicty board but it is monitored by Fitbit. As for purchasing a new
tracker, unless it is a clip-on (and not the Zip), I will not be purchasing
anything from Fitbit.
Best Answer

I 100% agree - I've been using  a Fitbit One since Jun 2012.  I have a watch and don't need anything else on my wrist.  Just my One in my pocket.  I thought the Aspire would be a suitable substitute but since it doesn't track stairs it is not a sub for a One.  FitBit - bring back the One!!!!!

JK

@flanman wrote:

Fitbit seems to think we want a watch when all I want is the old Fitbit one back. Then I can have my Apple Watch and Fitbit and I don’t have to wear the watch all the time and I still can track my steps.  

Best Answer

Not looking forward to the day my One dies - I want a clip and I want to count stairs.  Not sure why that's so hard for Fitbit to understand....

Best Answer

@Williger oh I fully understand the laws of supply and demand Smiley Happy

my point was that fitbit could just look at the current aftermarket and see the demand. I am still bummed I lost my one but I have since replaced it and, like others in this thread, now dreading when this one will give out (though they seem to live forever!) when it does, i'll be moving to garmin. if i'm going to be forced to have a watch, i'm going to the company with the best watches. 

[edited as I lost my reply when I logged into the board]

@CarolPres wrote:

Not looking forward to the day my One dies - I want a clip and I want to count stairs.  Not sure why that's so hard for Fitbit to understand....

maybe we need to start the 'bring back the one' cheer 

JuanJoFitbit_1-1629745839556.png

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I agree!! Bring back the Fitbit One! I'm a theatre nurse and can't wear anything on my wrist at work, the Fit Bit One was perfect to clip on and keep your arms and hands free of adornments. Bring it back!!!

Best Answer

+1

Bring back the One!!!!!

Best Answer

I like the Fitbit One because I work in a machine room & can just clip it too my clothes

Can't wear a watch

Best Answer

I agree and do not want to wear anything large. Fitbit One can be used inside a small wallet when swimming, etc.

Best Answer

There was another thread with over 300 comments on why we need the One (since closed as they think the Inspire will satisfy us).  I went through the entire list and compiled the reasons for why we need a clip on tracker in a two page letter which I sent out to the group for edits and additional comments.  This was then sent to the top executives.  My response, "we have something for everyone".  Sorry, that does not fly with me.  It also proved that Fitbit monitors these boards as my letter to the group was blocked and my other posts with the email addresses of the top execs was deleted by them.

Best Answer
Ve-r-r-r-y Inte-r-r-r-esting. Thanks for this. So much for Fitbit being Customer-focused. They obviously don’t give a hoot about their customers. I am truly disappointed, as I did think that they cared about their customers and their needs. Apparently not. Hopefully, they will reap what they sow.

Pundamilia
Best Answer

Totally agree!  Don’t want a watch!  

Best Answer