Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't purchase One online?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I've noted that there has been previous discussion re: the One not being discontinued.  However, it appears to be deleted from Fitbit's online store and today I visited 5+ Australian retailers who all said it had been discontinued.

Anyone had any luck purchasing it anywhere?  I'm feeling a bit frustrated, it's the best discreet tracker for those of us who can't use the wrist styles.  The Zip isn't as discreet and doesn't do stairs. 😞

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I contacted them asking if it was being discontinued and the response was "we no longer sell Fitbit One on our AU store due to unbalanced inventory". I asked if there were plans to sell the One in Australia in the future and the response was "currently we do not have yet an update when will the Fitbit One become available for purchase but we do appreciate your feedback."

Seems quite vague, but

just leaving it here in case there are others in Australia curious about what's going on with the One. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@forestwalk  It's definitely on the US store page, with the comment that it is on backorder. 

Here, I think some stores dropped it from the "brick and mortar" stores, but still list it on their websites.  I checked out some of the US websites when the first thread appeared.  While a lot said not in stock, one store did have it in stock.  I stopped looking after I found one store -- and the moderator said it wasn't being discontinued.

Did you try the websites of the Australian authorized retailers?  Search "Fitbit Authorized Retailers" and see if this helps you for now.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Yep, I tried authorised Australian sellers - both their physical stores and online stores. Same response each time. When I go to the Fitbit site, the One is listed under products, but it's not listed at all when I go to the Fitbit store. I can only conclude that they've discontinued it in Australia. Very disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@forestwalk  I think you should contact fitbit directly.   Get Support  This is the US page, but there is no Australia page.

Best way to get a direct answer.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted them asking if it was being discontinued and the response was "we no longer sell Fitbit One on our AU store due to unbalanced inventory". I asked if there were plans to sell the One in Australia in the future and the response was "currently we do not have yet an update when will the Fitbit One become available for purchase but we do appreciate your feedback."

Seems quite vague, but

just leaving it here in case there are others in Australia curious about what's going on with the One. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Earlier this week I was able to purchase one locally on Australian ebay for AUD99 including shipping. Also found a listing (black only) on the Good Guys site – same price but with shipping added. I looked at US Amazon too but many of those listings weren't shipping to Australia. Did find a couple but the cost would have been even higher once you factor in the exchange rate and shipping costs. There's a separate thread in these forums where we're assured that Fitbit has no plans to discontinue the model. So I hope that's true. But that won't amount to much if I can't buy a replacement in Australia when I need it in four years' time 🙂
Incidentally, in my searches, I noticed that there are third-parties who are selling One-style silicon clip/holders designed for the Fitbit Alta tracker, which can be taken off its wrist band. So clearly there are people buying the wristband models who would still like to be able to clip them on! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Good Guys site doesn't let you order the One once you go to checkout.  Glad you found one on ebay, although I do worry about buying things from there.  The listings I've looked at recently are at $300+!  

Won't be a Fitbit customer after this, the customer service is appalling. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was notified by Fitbit support today that the One is discontinued. I am not a happy camper. I have no desire to wear a wrist device, and the Zip does not meet my needs. I was having problems syncing, and my device needing to be charged every 2 days. Got a 25% discount on a new device, only to find out the One isn't available. What about those of use who want a discreet device? Best best is to try a retailer. But how long will the One be supported by Fitbit? AND, there goes my 25% off. I have purchased at least 4 devices through Fitbit. I am really unhappy. Looking for another clip on type of device. Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Discontinued as of 9.23.17 per an email from Fitbit support

Best Answer
0 Votes

Discontinued in US as of 9.23.17. Per an email from Fitbit support

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Thom_CJust be aware that the warranty does not cover Ebay purchases

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum