Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot link

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I recently got a new smartphone and am trying to link my Fitbit One to my new phone via the app. It had been connected to my old phone and I didn't even think to disconnect it before trading it in. My new phone will not recognize the Fitbit. How do I get it synced to my new phone?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JJE00. No, it's not because you had it linked to your previous phone, as there is no limit to the number of devices your One can be linked to. Something else is getting in the way. Here are the checkpoints I would take a look at:

1. Is your phone's firmware running the latest update - if not, please update.
  2. Do you have the latest version of the Fitbit app?  If not sure, delete the app and download and install the latest version.
  3. Have you checked to make sure that Bluetooth and Locations Services are both turned on?
  4. Did you check to confirm that your Droid is supported - please click here: Supported devices.
  5. And lastly, if you tried everything and nothing worked, then presumably that included restarting your Fitbit One. In doing so, did you notice if Fitbit 60 showed up on your One's display during the restart process? As if not, the odds are that the restart was NOT successful and you'd would have to repeat it, two or three times if need be.

Please give us an update and don't hesitate to come back here if the status is still 'nothing works.'  Cheers!

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Maybe this will help

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-set-up-my-tracker?q=set+up+replacment+tr...

Welcome to the forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
I've tried all suggestions on the site and have gotten nowhere :-(. I think it's b/c I had it linked to my previous phone and now it is not being recognized as a new device. Thanks! Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JJE00. No, it's not because you had it linked to your previous phone, as there is no limit to the number of devices your One can be linked to. Something else is getting in the way. Here are the checkpoints I would take a look at:

1. Is your phone's firmware running the latest update - if not, please update.
  2. Do you have the latest version of the Fitbit app?  If not sure, delete the app and download and install the latest version.
  3. Have you checked to make sure that Bluetooth and Locations Services are both turned on?
  4. Did you check to confirm that your Droid is supported - please click here: Supported devices.
  5. And lastly, if you tried everything and nothing worked, then presumably that included restarting your Fitbit One. In doing so, did you notice if Fitbit 60 showed up on your One's display during the restart process? As if not, the odds are that the restart was NOT successful and you'd would have to repeat it, two or three times if need be.

Please give us an update and don't hesitate to come back here if the status is still 'nothing works.'  Cheers!

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
Yay, thanks so much! I had powered it down (I didn't know how to do that) and my phone finally picked it up. I appreciate your help 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it worked @JJE00. Have a nice day.

TW

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! And to you as well 🙂 Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid
Best Answer