Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 accuracy vs One

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a One for almost 5 years now and I really do love it. I upgraded to the Charge 2 and I like all the extra features available. The question I am having is there is a fairly stark discrepancy in step counts between the two...several hundreds more are showing on my Charge. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so, how can I fix it. Wearing the Charge on my wrist seems a little  weird. I wear my One on my panties and hae always felt it was an excellent representation of my actual steps. 

Ideas or suggestions or am I just way off base?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Forgot to say you can change the Handedness on the Charge to the opposite that you wear it. It does make it more accurate

handness.png

Like I wear it on my right but have this chnaged to Left

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Yes because wrist models detect arm movement of all kinds.

I found the One to be the most accurate but I still like the wrist models as well. But I will always use the one for its accuracy.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Forgot to say you can change the Handedness on the Charge to the opposite that you wear it. It does make it more accurate

handness.png

Like I wear it on my right but have this chnaged to Left

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm finding that the Charge 2 is consistently recording several hundred FEWER steps than my One.  

Additionally, the Charge 2 is routinely giving me credit for way too much sleep (2 to 3 hours) as opposed to that recorded by the One.  

Do not understand how there can be such large discrepancies between the two devices.  Any help/advise much appreciated

Best Answer
0 Votes