Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fitbit has stopped syncing!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My One stopped synching yesterday at 5pm. I have no clue what to do now.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm having the same problem, not synching.  Was there an update or something?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Mine stopped 3 days ago and I have tried everything on the web and nothing has worked. I hope you get some answers. This is really frustrating.

Best Answer

I did a restart on mine and there was an update to install.

Still won't sync via Bluetooth or wireless though, I can only sync by plugging it into my computer.

Its reassuring to know I'm not the only one who suddenly has this problem though!

Best Answer

Mine stopped syncing 3 days ago, too! I've tried everything on the site as well w/no luck. The common timing makes me wonder if they did a software upgrade in the background. Hmmm...

Best Answer

There is a software upgrade to install.  I've just looked through another thread on the same topic and someone suggested trying 2 or 3 restarts - so I've just done another restart and it now syncs fine again - for now at least!

Best Answer

How do I restart?

Best Answer

Mine stopped three days ago and I updated the firmware or whatever it is and still nothing. It will not update no matter what I do!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting your One: To restart you have to plug it into your computer w/the cable & hold the button down for 15 seconds. Unplug it & hold the button down until there is a display. Launch Fitbit Connect & click the Sync Now button. Amazingly it worked for me the first time & it did capture all of the missing data - including a 30k step day that I would have been bummed to lose. The forum where I saw it said you might have to try those steps up to 3 times to get it to work. Good luck!

Best Answer

Did you try restarting your One? Like you I updated the software & nothing. Once I restarted my Fitbit it did finally sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did but will try in the computer again. Thank you

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

how do you restart ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DChristman to restart the One you:

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

It doesn't always work so it's best to try at least 3 times

Best Answer

This has happened to me too over the last two days. Not syncing just saying looking

Best Answer

@Pennyjake10 try a few restarts of your fitbit as described above and let us know if that helps

Best Answer

This sync problem is frustrating...every time there is an update this happens. The sync icon has disappeared as well...

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem, not synching.  Was there an update or something?

Best Answer

Thank you everone for all the suggestions. I just logged on for the first time today and Bingo! It is now synching without me trying anything. If it stops again, I now know how to do a restart thanks to the instructions some of you gave me. Thanks you again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have also got it going. Thank you.

Best Answer
still having a problem synching. I will try again later.
Best Answer