Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparable sleep tracker to One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My beloved One that I've had for almost 8 years is on its last legs.  Yesterday I bought an Inspire2 in the hopes of being able to still have something small to slip into my front pocket to count steps (I have a Galaxy watch, don't want another wearable).  Also, one of the main things I LOVE about the One is the sleep tracking.  I would slip it into my wrist pouch at night, activate it and go off to dream land.  Was hoping to do that with the Inspire but it looks like the only way to do that is to wear it on my wrist, which I don't want to do.  (I've worn my Galaxy watch to bed a few times and it's very uncomfortable) Is there any other Fitbit device that will track sleep if it's not in a band but still around your wrist?  If not I'll most likely be returning the Inspire and going the Ebay route for another One.  

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

As much as I love the One, I do favor the wrist-based ones for sleeping, especially the ones that can monitor heart rates as they auto-detect sleep and I like to track RHR. Even a small AltaHR might be comfortable for you? But I also understand feeling comfortable with something so if it works, keep working. How's the inspiration working out for you? LOL, I typed the type of tracker you have but spell check enhanced it. If you do go the eBay route, make sure to look for established sellers who offer returns (preferably free) and exchanges in case something doesn't work out well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!  The Inspire didn't work out well at all, I returned it the next day.  The water lock feature was driving me crazy and I just didn't like the way it felt outside of the wristband.  I went ahead and ordered a "new" One on eBay, making sure to get one that can be returned.  It just arrived today and I haven't set it up yet.  It's my understanding that you can't have two of the same device on your account and I'm nervous about deleting my old one, we go back a long way, LOL.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stefjam you're welcome and I'm glad you were able to return the Inspire you didn't like to put the money towards the one you do. Life's too short to not enjoy what we like! I know most of the Fitbit sellers on eBay. Hopefully, you got it from ... well, I'm not name-dropping in the public forum, but there is a guy who's got several brand new ones in the box and is really great about customer service so hopefully, you got it from them. If they had a number of them and not just a one-off it's probably them but either way, you're covered by eBay's money-back guarantee. Yes, you're correct that you can't have more than one of a device on the app but no worries, if the new one doesn't work properly you can add your old one back. Make sure the brand new one charges perfectly before deleting your old one just in case. Frequently, brand-new sealed Ones will be dead because the batteries weren't used. What's also cool is you got a second sleep band in case the one you've been enjoying for years is beginning to wear down. I'm excited for you! Please share how things work out 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm, I didn't get a brand new one in a box but it did say it was "like" new.  When I turned it on the time was wrong by 3.5 hours and there are steps already recorded.  I'm going to return it and look for a new one like you described.  Ironically, my old one worked beautifully last night, even stayed on all night to record my sleep...it's like it knows that it's on the verge of being replaced!  😄  Thanks for info, appreciate it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stefjam yw and if your existing one is working great again keep enjoying it, no reason to spend money unnecessarily! that's odd about the time and preexisting steps, though maybe it's showing steps from when the postal carrier delivered it? I'm only speculating. perhaps it will sync to normal time when/if you attach it to your phone. but, yeah if it's not what you want, take advantage of the returns. I just looked for you and do see sellers now on eBay with new packaged ones that also offer free 30-day returns, and it seems there's no shortage of them. something worth considering is square trade, you can get 2-3 years of extra coverage for your purchase (Fitbit offers this directly and eBay offers this on Fitbits too) - so for $14-21 you get better peace of mind. I've purchased this service before, never actually needing to use it but it's nice to know it's there, like insurance. good luck! 🙂

Best Answer

So I do see a seller who has more than 10 available, says they are brand new in the box, selling for about $120...does this sound like one of the sellers you know?  Sorry to be a pest, I just want to do this as hassle free as possible.  My old one is still limping along but I have to constantly check it throughout the day to make sure it's still on and most times it's not.  It did track my sleep three nights in a row without turning off so that's a good thing but overall I know it's going to completely die soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stefjam hi there, you're not a pest, my delayed reply was due to being off social media for a few weeks catching up. the main players I knew who sold new Ones aren't restocking but I think I know the listing you're referring to, and free 60-day returns if I'm correct? If so, what's the stress, you know eBay's got your back if it fails! If you're still losing steps, may as well grab that one. Otherwise, you can find used and refurbished ones too but for $120 you're getting a new sleep band, a backup charging cable, etc. that's really not a bad price and better than losing sanity with an intermittent tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's all good! I ended up sending the other one back and bought a NITB One and it's been perfect. Hope I'm lucky enough to get 8 years out of this one! Thanks for your help, appreciate it! And good for you for taking a break from social media, probably not a bad idea for most people! 

Best Answer
0 Votes