Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting Steps while sitting and driving.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Why does the FB1 count steps while I'm sitting at my desk or driving? A 30 minute drive counted over 500 steps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Groundsquirrel. How are you wearing your One? 

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
I have it clipped tony bra.
Best Answer
0 Votes
To my bra.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Groundsquirrel. The following article deals with false data and how to delete it.

Delete Data

Your Fitbit One captures steps via 3-axis accelerometer chip similar to those find in game consoles. So if you're moving a lot while sitting at hour desk, or if the 30 min. car ride is a little bumpy, it may indeed pick up some false steps. If you find this to be a nuisance, I would suggest trying to wear it differently when driving, anywhere suitable where you feel it will be less subject to picking up movememnts from your upper body for steering and bumps on the road; same idea when sitting at your desk.

Personally, I don't care about those 'false' steps, because they don't amount to much in relation to my daily/weekly step metrics. And on the assumption that the distortion, albeit small, will be relatively the same from day-to-day, since my daily routine is pretty steady, then it does affect my trendline. But if they bother you, you can delete false data as suggested above and try wearing differently for instances where you know beforehand that your tracker will pick up false steps.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer

There is also a DriveBit app you can load to your phone. Turn it on when you drive and then off and it deletes the steps for you.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Thank you I will look into these suggestions.
Best Answer