Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my mom has a fitbit one but the floors won`t count correctly. for example she took 15 floors en the tracker gives that she climbed the floors 32 times. wat can we do about it???

thanxx Diana.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Diana

Feel free restarting the tracker:

Restart the tracker

URL: Click / Tap to open the Fitbit Help Article 'How do I restart the tracker?'

Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dianameulenberg Welcome to the Fitbit Community! There are some reasons why the tracker may get some extra floors. Your tracker counts floors using an altimeter, which is a sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure, so pressure changes due to causes such as a gust of wind, a weather change, or opening a door can occasionally cause your tracker to register an extra floor or two. 

Another factor is floor height. Your tracker registers one floor when you've gone up about ten feet, which is the average between residential and commercial floor heights. If you climb long staircases you may find that the tracker's floor count doesn't match how many floors you've gone up since the staircase was taller than ten feet.

Also, please follow @SunsetRunner's suggestions as that also helps fixing these kind of problems. It should work properly after doing that!

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes