Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Flex 2 track floors?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fit bit only log 10 ft change in altitude most homes are only 8'9" change in altitude and basements are less. Is there anyway to track these steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello and welcome to the forums @Dan66

The Flex2 doesn't have an altimeter, so it can't recognize flights of stairs.

Keep on stepping!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the fitbit one. Based on what I read it only track a 10 ft change in altitude most home are just over 8 ft (105")

Dan CoyneDcoyne @optonline.net516-702-9155
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Dan66 I think your thread title of "Does Flex 2 track floors?" caused a little confusion there Smiley Wink

To answer your question: your steps will still count but, as you say, you need to gain 10 feet in height whilst walking to get a floor so it looks like you will miss out on this. The bad news is that there is no way to get these floors by changing settings or manually logging them. The good news is that floors are not taken into account when calculating calories burned so you are not missing out there.

By the way: are you sure about the 105" - that sounds to me more like ceiling height rather than floor-to-floor height?

Best Answer
Thanks 96" ceiling 2 x8 ceiling joist 3/4 sub floor plus flooring about 105. It was more about competing with my son that works in a commercial building. Thanks for taking the timeDan

Dan CoyneDcoyne @optonline.net516-702-9155
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any way to track my stairs climb with my flex 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome to the forums @SitaTMary

The short answer is no.

The Flex2 doesn't have an altimeter, so it can't recognize flights of stairs.

Keep on stepping!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes