Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiitbit one shorting me steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Awhile ago, I checked my fitbit and it seemed to be about 10% short on my step count, which, fine, it's not perfect.

Last week, I went for a walk where I should have gotten 2,500 steps, and it gave me 1,900.  25% short.

TODAY, I went for a walk that should have been 9,800 steps, and it logged fewer than 7,000.  That's almost a third missing!

The distance is also wrong.  I know what I should have gotten because I have mapping software that will calculate the distance, and there are also mile markers on the trail.  I just don't know what to do about it.  I mean, fine, it's making me work that much harder to reach my goals, but it's also seriously demoralizing.  It seems to do better on short stretches, like if I count my steps walking up and down the hall it's spot-on, but the longer and more "exercise-y" my walk, the more wildly innacurate (and not in a good way) it gets.  I'm about ready to bin the thing. 

(I forgot to mention I have calibrated my stride length, many times!  The stride length it calculates for me is... well, technically possible, as in, I can step that far, but I'd look extremely funny and I think I'd notice me walking like that.  I have really short legs for my height, which is not considerable as it is, and am used to walking in heels, so I take short steps.)

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @ahoym8ty welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing your experience, my advise is to contact our support team for assistance they can take a look at your tracker's back-end information and provide you personalized assistance. 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes