Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit One Won't Sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know this was an issue discussed previously but I've had it for the last four months. My One will not sync with a Android phone or Windows computer. Have restarted my One, updated the app on my phone and Windows PC, installed the FitBit Connect, turned everything off & on, plugged in with USB, held One’s power 14 seconds on USB & rebooted. I've read & tried many of the "solutions" from 2019-2018 postings but none have worked yet. Bluetooth is working/on, software updated on phone & PC updated.

My One is charged & has tracking numbers ... for it only. Never syncs. Especially frustrating since when you plug in with USB cable, the computer sees how much battery it has & still won't sync. 

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Same here but with an iPhone. Stopped syncing early last week. Tried all the troubleshooting tips and still no success.

Best Answer

@CHinPD how have you managed to work with a non-syncing tracker for 4-months? are you manually entering in your steps at the end of each day? I have Android and Windows. The Windows app is hit or miss and the dongle requires close proximity (like placing the One very close to or on top of my PC), for the Android when syncing stops which happens every few weeks, I turn off Bluetooth and manually sync from the app, which turns on Bluetooth and then it works. IDK why, this is a strange fix I discovered by accident and works every time! You may also want to download a "Find my tracker" app just to see if your phone (not the app) can "see" the Fitbit, as maybe the device's Bluetooth is having an issue. Try these things and I hope you're syncing soon!

Best Answer

My One just stopped syncing today.  Everything was fine yesterday, but today I realized it never synced.  I have restarted my Samsung phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, don't really know what else to do.

Best Answer

Finally managed to restart the actual fitbit and that finally allowed it to sync!

Best Answer

@Carolhwitz That's fantastic! Can you please share the steps you followed to resolve this in case it may help others here in the future? Thanks and happy stepping 🙂

Best Answer
I hooked my charging cord to the computer,  held the button for 10-12 seconds to restart the Fitbit one.  Then it automatically synced up!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

It worked! Thanks so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have restarted mine but no go. So glad yours is working again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  My last sync was 21 May.  Don't usually have any problems, but is also giving me a "no internet connection" message and resetting didn't work.  Suspect it's Fitbit, not my One.

Best Answer

I have the same error message. It's clearly another FitBit issues because my Internet is working for ALL the other tabs and applications I have open.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I remembered this afternoon that this had also happened to me about a year ago (the "no internet connection" error, which is not correct - I have a perfectly fine connection).  I managed to correct it that time with help from this answer on the community https://community.fitbit.com/t5/One/Fitbit-One-Connect-on-PC-gives-message-that-it-cannot-connect-to...

I am going to try this solution again when I have time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a couple of times this past week when it couldn't locate my device and therefore wouldn't sync.  I managed to reinstall it once but today  had to restart the FitBit One to make it work.  But at least it is syncing again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine hasn’t synced since May 10th

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I connected it to the computer and managed to get it to desynchronise again thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One hasn't synched since May 21.  Was synching fine and then all of sudden it stopped. When I manually request a synch I am still getting the "no Internet Connection" message, which is false - I have a great Internet connection that works fine for everything except Fitbit.  I have restarted my One several times now and it doesn't fix the problem. Fitbit, any answers to this problem that appears likely to be casued by something done at Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems more than a coincidence that TSnFC and I had a sync issue start on May 21 and the same connection error message.  Not that that will make any difference; we will be left to fix it ourselves.  My One is also showing the wrong time now, which is the first time it has ever done so.  I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the latest Update (even though my version is the current one) and then uninstall and reinstall the One.  But am exporting all my data month-by-month first.  I tried doing the "life-time" export, but didn't find the results useable which seemed to be a relatively common theme on the Community threads, so I'm doing it the slow way now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My error message is always "looking for tracker."  Restarting the fitbit  has worked for me in the past, but not this week.  I've tried it every day for a week.  I've removed and re-inserted the dongle every day.  I've hit the reset button on my computer.  Nothing works.  Other ideas from anyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After exporting all my data from 2013 to today (just in case) I uninstalled the latest version of Fitbit and reinstalled. No difference.  I tried deleting my One from my account and adding again; still no difference.  This is on my Windows 7 computer, so I then downloaded and installed Fitbit on my new Windows 10 PC.  Same false "no internet connection" error message, but then I deleted my One again and added back and re-set the One as well, and I did manage to get it going on my new PC.  It still doesn't work on my old one.  Was the most difficult fix I've ever had and I was beginning to think I'd have to give up on my One.  Perhaps old Windows versions aren't being supported any longer; I'm not sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit hasn't synced since May 24.  I've tried all ideas more than once.  Finally this morning I deleted Fitbit  from my computer and reinstalled it.  Now the dashboard page looks slightly different and I can't find a link to "sync now"  Where did it go?  Doesn't it find my dongle?  How do I snyc now?

Best Answer
0 Votes